X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Nvidia chip in August??

Matrox must be making them nervous...

amish
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

They hope to have a new chip in August and yes they are afraid, very afraid
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

And I won't be surpriced if it once again a warmed over GF1 core again.....
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I realy hope that it turns out that NV30 wotn be faster than the Matrox chip.... Perhaps they have to rush out an un-finished chip to try to beat Matrox!

Comment

Why would you wish for their product to be crappy? I think brand-loyalty is getting too deep into your head. The reason why I won't buy a nvidia card is because I don't like their products. Not because I have some weird hatred for nvida and everything they are.

I sure do hope their next products don't suck. The world would be a better place if a lot of things stopped sucking... But from extrapolating from what we know and what we've experienced, matrox makes the better stuff. Thats why I'm very intertested in what matrox has to offer next.
          Primary system specs:
          Asus A7V266-E | AthlonXP 1700+ | Alpha Pal8045T | Radeon 8500 | 256mb Crucial DDR | Maxtor D740X 40gb | Ricoh 8/8/32 | Toshiba 16X DVD | 3Com 905C TX NIC | Hercules Fortissimo II | Antec SX635 | Win2k Pro

Comment

Not because I have some weird hatred for nvida and everything they are.
            Exactly why I don't buy
            System 1:
            AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
            Epox 8K7A
            2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
            an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
            SBLIVE 5.1
            Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
            IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
            Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
            3Com Hardware Modem
            Teac 20/10/40 burner
            Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

What I think we can say by now is that NV30 is finally something new from nVidia. Maybe it'll even have a new name
              Maybe even the non- nVidiots will finally see traces of 3dfx/GigaPixel in the new product. Or maybe not.
              R300 is probably also something new because it comes from the ArtX team...
              I think that Matrox and 3DLabs have been a little surprise for the major players, so they have indeed had to push their product development teams a bit harder lately.
              Last edited by Tempest; 2 May 2002, 16:44.

Comment

go matrox!
                no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

I will never buy anything that has nV in or on it... why you ask?, because they are nothing more than corporate thieves... have stolen technology from 3dfx, Matrox, and SGI

How else do you think they have survived so long... most certainly not from spending the time to develope it themselves
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Just curious,

What did they steal from SGI? OpenGL coders?
                    Yes I drive a 13yr old Volkswagen; Yes I'm a dirt poor college student; Yes every tank of gas is more $$ than the value of my car, but it is FUN to drive, so I don't care about your ego or how much your car cost, if you insist on going the exact same speed in the passing lane as the car next to you for 10 minutes, stop being a self righteous ass, move the hell over and just let me by!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                      I will never buy anything that has nV in or on it... why you ask?, because they are nothing more than corporate thieves... have stolen technology from 3dfx, Matrox, and SGI

How else do you think they have survived so long... most certainly not from spending the time to develope it themselves
                      So I guess this means you will never buy an AMD cpu either ?

(but will stick with Intel and their 5-7 billion $ development programme ) ( he he )
                      Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
                      incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

I don't recall AMD stealing. Reverse engineering is not stealing.
                        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

that's what the reverse engineering guys say...
                          Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

I don't think they even did much reverse engineering. They were a legitimate second source for x86(intel gave them the chip designs for 286's, 386's I am not sure about 486's tho) up until the pentiums hit town.

and there new chips seem to have a more alpha in them than intel
                            (EV6 etc)

Comment

you are totally missing the point !!
                              Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
                              incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

Working...
                              X