Feedback from Anand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback from Anand

Take a look at anandtech.com under site news.

Though I'll cut and paste the interesting part directly

From Anandtech.com

I just landed and felt the need to provide some closure (at least temporarily) to my last post. There are a handful of times where you see a product/technology that reminds you exactly why you are so interested in this industry. Product's like AMD's upcoming Hammer and others are perfect reminders to me of why I care so much about this industry and what fuels my passion. In spite of all of the tasteless politics that seem to plague our industry there are a few times when you really get a chance to see something that makes you smile. With that said I'll be quiet for a few more weeks and then there will be a lot to talk about.

End Quote

Cobos
    My Specs
    AMD XP 1800+, MSI KT3 Ultra1, Matrox G400 32MB DH, IBM 9ES UW SCSI, Plextor 32X SCSI, Plextor 8x/2x CDRW SCSI, Toshiba 4.8X DVD ROM IDE, IBM 30GB 75GXP, IBM 60GB 60GXP, 120GB Maxtor 540X, Tekram DC390F UW, Santa Cruz Soundcard, Eizo 17'' F56 and Eizo 21'' T965' Selfmodded case with 2 PSU's.

With that said I'll be quiet for a few more weeks and then there will be a lot to talk about.
    IOW, he had to sign an NDA, promising he wouldn't say anything until a designated date...and if he ever wants to be invited to another one of these 'confrences', he better keep his mouth shut till then...

Must be something impressive
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Wonder what it could have been?

Comment

I bet it was a new toaster
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin
          I bet it was a new toaster
          On Hardocp:

After being in San Francisco this week on a 36 hour quick turn around trip, we did find the excursion to be well worth our while. If this company, that we have not heard anything exciting from in a while, can "put their money where their mouth is" there are going to be quite a few folks out there in for a surprise.

Sounds like it's going to be a cool toaster there Kruzin!

Comment

Maybe it will even be able to cook Pizza
            NocturnDragon

Comment

Rugger will be eating a hat soon...

I demand that he will supply us with a plethora of photos from the event.

Comment

i hope by a few weeks he actually meant less than 4 weeks May 14th as suggested by MK may actually be pretty close.

while MURC was down today i surfed through some other forums (nvnews, rage3d, hardocp, anandtech, ...) and i could not believe my eye. these guys have no idea what is going on at all (do we? )!
                most think it might be gfx related but do not believe it will be matrox. either sis or trident. one even thought ATARI is coming back

anand got me really more curious than i already am. from his words i dont think we will just see a good performing gfx card but also some really new cool technology/idea.
                no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

thop: I was also reading around on some other forums too, and what I started thinking of is, how sure are we ?
                  Obviously Matrox is going to release Parhelia soon and it's going to kick ass and take names...
                  But how sure are we the tech-press gathering in SF was related to Matrox ? I've seen the hints from Ant, but they are still hints...
                  Just wondering I guess

Cobos
                  My Specs
                  AMD XP 1800+, MSI KT3 Ultra1, Matrox G400 32MB DH, IBM 9ES UW SCSI, Plextor 32X SCSI, Plextor 8x/2x CDRW SCSI, Toshiba 4.8X DVD ROM IDE, IBM 30GB 75GXP, IBM 60GB 60GXP, 120GB Maxtor 540X, Tekram DC390F UW, Santa Cruz Soundcard, Eizo 17'' F56 and Eizo 21'' T965' Selfmodded case with 2 PSU's.

Comment

all roads lead to Matrox... why think it's a different highway?
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I think I'm going to Matrox HQ next week to see my friends and maybe gather fresh news.

But, the owners of Matrox said that even the employees will have to wait to know what is going on. They'll wait until the release date.

A+

Comment

Interesting, interesting, exactly what I am expecting ...

MK
                        <font size="1">
                        Celeron II 700 @ 1,1 GHz
                        ASUS CUSL2-C, Bios 1009 final
                        Alpha 6035MFC, 60 -> 80mm adapter
                        2 x 80mm Papst Cooler 19/12dB
                        256 MB PC133 Crucial 7E (CAS2)
                        Maxtor Diamond MAX VL40
                        ATI Radeon 8500 64MB @ Catalyst 3.0
                        Hauppauge WinTV TV-Card
                        Iiyama Vision Master Pro 400
                        Plustek Optic Pro U12B
                        HP Deskjet 959C
                        Plantronics LS1 Headset
                        all on W2k Professional SP2
                        </font>

Comment

come on ant spill the beans, you know you want to...

Comment

hihi i finally figured out when they will make the announcement. on Ant's birthday (May 16th)!
                            no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Ya know Trident is headquartered not far from San Francisco.

Comment

Working...
                              X