Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New card looks like it's gonna be using new drivers too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New card looks like it's gonna be using new drivers too!

If it's not gonna use the regular driver packages, I'd think the chances are good it's not based on Gx00 chipset. Looks like we may finally be getting new hardware!

sort of logical since the Gx00 series weren't GPU's and the Parhelia is supposed to be a GPU.
    Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

Nice one, John !

It seems to me that this is a definite confirmation that a card is coming !

Could you trick him into telling when ?

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

VJ, you already know the answer - Soon™
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Initially, it won't be the same driver package. Perhaps later on, we may do a unified driver but it's still undecided on that.
          ------------------
          Haig
          Matrox Graphics
          Technical Support Manager
          There's the quote for those who don't like forum scanning. Nice find Jon

Jammrock
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Good, I wouldn't have wanted to hear the comments if Haig had said that "since the drivers are 98% binary compatible with the G550 family, support will be included in our unified driver package from day one"

This probably means that scanning through drivers with a hex editor won't provide too many clues ... damn

Comment

Working...
            X