using matrox tweak utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using matrox tweak utility

I install it but then it always crashes after i run it....i don't know why it's happening.

If i try to left - click i hear a "bing" sound, i right click and the program crashes (illegal operation crap)

i wanna be able to turn off vsync fer gaming purposes...but i can't!!!

We need to know system specs... OS, hardware, IRQ's, etc.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

ok

Asus A7V KT133
      AMD T-Bird 800mhz
      1 x 256MB Crucial PC133
      Bios 1008-E
      Windows 98SE

Matrox G400 Millenium 32MB
      Using MGATweak at 135/170

WDC WD205BA ATA66
      52x Creative CD-ROM

SBLive! Value
      USR 56K 5610A modem

Matrox on IRQ 11
      0 System timer
      1 Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural Keyboard
      2 Programmable interrupt controller
      3 Communications Port (COM2)
      4 Communications Port (COM1)
      5 U.S. Robotics 56K Fax PCI #2
      5 Creative SB Live! Value
      5 VIA Tech PCI to USB Universal Host Controller
      5 VIA Tech PCI to USB Universal Host Controller
      5 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering
      6 Standard Floppy Disk Controller
      7 ECP Printer Port (LPT1)
      8 System CMOS/real time clock
      9 SCI IRQ used by ACPI bus
      10 Linksys HomeLink Phoneline Network Card
      10 Win95-98 Promise Ultra100 (tm) IDE Controller (PDC20265)
      10 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering
      11 Matrox Millennium G400 - English
      11 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering
      12 (free)
      13 Numeric data processor
      14 Primary Bus Master IDE controller (dual fifo)
      14 VIA Bus Master PCI IDE Controller
      15 Secondary Bus Master IDE controller (dual fifo)
      15 VIA Bus Master PCI IDE Controller

Comment

What PD version? Latest VIA patches? AGP transfer set to 256meg in CMOS?
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

hmm ok...

Well PD 6.72.018

and i think i have the 4.36 4in1 drivers...

and i have no idea what the AGP transfer is set at...cuz i don't know what it is haha

well i asked some friends at school and they sed turning off Vsync won't give much more performance anyway...which is all i wanted (more fps in CS...ohwell)

i'll be getting a new card sumtym haha

Comment

Sounds like your advice is coming from a bunch of clueless newbies... turning off Vsync can greatly affect playability on older cards like the G400.

Comment

hmm

u accuse my friends of being newbies and yet u still have no answered my question.

anyway, he has a G400 Max that's OCed to 163/210 or sumtin and he's no newbie.

he has consistently helped me with my computer problems...you on the other hand have yet to provide me with any tips.

If you can't help me, don't vent ur frustrations out in ignorant statements, please.
              Last edited by Mav451; 26 February 2002, 13:50.

Comment

Taken from the matroX files:
                AGP aperture size
                Another cryptic option. In theory, it should be set to approx. half of system RAM size. Many experiences show that the real size of AGP aperture in most systems is set half of the value set in this option. Thus I recommend setting it to full system RAM size. Note that some people report that on some motherboard it is necessary to set it to 256 MBytes regardless of the amount of RAM installed.
                EDIT: You will have to go to the BIOS setup to change the size!
                According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

OH EXCUSE ME!!!.. sorry to step on you toes, but you're the one asking for help and I haven't seen anyone else in here making suggestions as of yet. Let alone you posting up the original querry without nary a spec of what your system comprises of, which took two tries by me to get what is neccesary to know beforehand in order to help... and then you came along by stating that you've essentially given up and would be buying another card, before anyone could address the original problem once all the neccessary the information was given!

next...

Comment

yeah ok i can do that

Thanks...

so...wut bout the Vsync? does anyone know how to change it without the matrox tweak utility?

or if it HAS to be done with it, why doesn't the program work?

i'm pretty sure changing my aperture size from 128 to 256 may slightly increase performance...but doesn't answer my question...

Comment

What version of Matrox Tweak Utility are you running?

Comment

Greebe

This is the thing...i'm not accustomed to having programs not work b/c of a system discrepancies..

most of the time, tweaking programs don't crash before EVEN STARTING UP simply b/c of something messed up in my system...and i'm pretty sure nothing is messed up since I've been running CS just fine

ALL i want to see is if i can get better fps by turning off Vsync

hopefully, other people give better first impressions and don't give judgements. Thankfully, Guru's effort has partially restored my board that this is a decent bbs at all...anyway if ur not gonna help, please tell me that at the beginning so i don't waste my time waiting for an answer only to find a rude reply that's not even partially constructive...

now can u help me or not?

Comment

Answer the question first... What version of Matrox Tweak Utility are you running?

Comment

OOps 1.12

Comment

here's the error message

PDO Drive

This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.

PDODRIVE caused an invalid page fault in
                              module at 0000:00000000.
                              Registers:
                              EAX=00000000 CS=016f EIP=00000000 EFLGS=00010206
                              EBX=012d07a4 SS=0177 ESP=0067f724 EBP=00000204
                              ECX=00441ed4 DS=0177 ESI=00441e10 FS=4497
                              EDX=00000001 ES=0177 EDI=0067fc70 GS=0000
                              Bytes at CS:EIP:
                              00 00 00 00 65 04 70 00 16 00 63 05 65 04 70 00
                              Stack dump:
                              0040b106 00000000 00000000 0040b110 00441ed4 0040b0ee 00432404 00408b81 00000100 0067fc70 00000401 0043e1cc 0043e1cc 00432404 00000000 00432404

Comment

Working...
                              X