Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chip is listening

Hi

the german computer magazine Chip www.chip.de reports about the upcoming Matrox Buisiness Card. They got there information from www.murc.ws

Christian

lol everyone gets all their info and rumors from here because matrox don't say anything at all
    Dell Inspiron 8200
    Pentium4m 1.6
    640mb pc2100
    64mb gf440go
    15" uxga ultrasharp
    40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Comment

The MURC speaks and the whole world listens, LOL

Comment

What about video display?

To get video with a standard 4:3 width you would need 12 monitors.

But "chip" only quotes that this card will use only 4 chips from the G450,

Does anyone know if it is intended for letterbox format and when can I expect the 12 monitor version?

Comment

I hope I understood the above right, or the post is pointless

A normal monitor is 4:3, yea?

So, take 800x600. Add a monitor above it. Gives 800x1200. Add the same again, and put alongside. That gives 1600x1200. Still 4:3 ratio my friend

Using resolutions seemed to be the easiest way to do that

P.
          Meet Jasmine.
          flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Pace he's refering to needing 12 monitor support on a single card instead of 8 to get a native 4:3 aspect ratio.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Wouldn't you need 4 monitors, or 9, or any integer squared?

Since a monitor has a native 4:3 aspect ratio, you would just need to scale it by the same constant in both directions.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

well... maybe he meant this:

if you put 12 monitors in a 4x3 raster, and let every monitor display one colour (and fill the whole screen) at a time, you get a leet-o-neat 4:3 videowall of 4x3 pixels!

then again, he might not have meant that...

Comment

Wouldn't 4x3 monitors be oversized then? As Wombat points out, my 2x2 matrix of screens, or any square matrix multiple will result in a parhelia infusion of matrix display maxtor matrox mixtup feckedup. Yea?

4x3 monitors would result in a 16:9 aspect though...which ain't anything like parhelia's reflexed helix's singularity!

P.
                  Meet Jasmine.
                  flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

System 1:
                    AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                    Epox 8K7A
                    2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                    an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                    SBLIVE 5.1
                    Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                    IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                    Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                    3Com Hardware Modem
                    Teac 20/10/40 burner
                    Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

oooo.

4x3 monitors <I>would</I> be a 16:9 ratio. You could make a most impressive widescreen movie theater.
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Y E S wouldn't it be ?

Comment

Working...
                        X