Open your C:\Windows\Hosts (no extension) and add in it
    127.0.0.1 ads.icq.com
    127.0.0.1 cb.icq.com
    127.0.0.1 cf.icq.com
    Then save the file.

Jord.

Still a couple of bugs though.
    Jordâ„¢

I'm assuming it's even more bloated and memory hungry than 2001. If so, there's no point for most ppl to upgrade, unless they've got compatibility problems with winXP or something.

2001 is still too bloated for me. I wish i could put my contact list back to 99b. Miranda is too utilitarian for me.
    Primary system specs:
    Asus A7V266-E | AthlonXP 1700+ | Alpha Pal8045T | Radeon 8500 | 256mb Crucial DDR | Maxtor D740X 40gb | Ricoh 8/8/32 | Toshiba 16X DVD | 3Com 905C TX NIC | Hercules Fortissimo II | Antec SX635 | Win2k Pro

Comment

Still running 99a here. Far less bloat and no ads (yay)!

Comment

EvilDonnyboy: There's always Trillian

But didn't you mean 2000b? This new and knackered one (Sorry Mike, still can't get you stable on my list ) is the 2001b version
        LS: Won't last long I'll tell ya. ICQ has started to check which client you use. A 99a and 99b will be obsolete according to them within now and 6 months.

Jord.
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

So that's why I've been having trouble connecting to ICQ lately. Looks like it's time to start investigating other clients.

Comment

Too bloated

ICQ became to bloated and since I found Miranda ICQ I don't use ICQ anymore Miranda ICQ rox!
            Live long and prosper!

Comment

yea, Miranda does what it does very well. But it's missing a bit too many features. 99b had more than enough features for me.

I'll try out trillian. Never heard of it b4.
              Primary system specs:
              Asus A7V266-E | AthlonXP 1700+ | Alpha Pal8045T | Radeon 8500 | 256mb Crucial DDR | Maxtor D740X 40gb | Ricoh 8/8/32 | Toshiba 16X DVD | 3Com 905C TX NIC | Hercules Fortissimo II | Antec SX635 | Win2k Pro

Comment

Kindness, your assistance is needed here
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Don't reccommend untested beta farqed crapware!

Oh one last thing before I crash for the night... this ICQ version is a complete piece of shit!!!

Thank you very much!
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Jorden
                    EvilDonnyboy: There's always Trillian

But didn't you mean 2000b? This new and knackered one (Sorry Mike, still can't get you stable on my list ) is the 2001b version
                    LS: Won't last long I'll tell ya. ICQ has started to check which client you use. A 99a and 99b will be obsolete according to them within now and 6 months.

Jord.

Yeah I noticed... I've had some major ICQ problems lately with Opera... then I installed 99b... same problem....
                    then emailed mirabilis:
                    "sir, upgrade to icq 2001"

whahahahah!!!! it worked fine for years... why on earth would my client be at fault suddenly? still waiting for a response on this by them.

Comment

Well, I got a couple of things working again in ICQ, that were off since my last 99b update.

I can now click on links sent to me in the normal answer window again, plus in the links window (Send URL to someone) without crashing my client.

I can also send files again through ICQ, but not receive yet (must be somehow related to my Winroute firewall I think).

And although I cannot add new people yet without having to ask them to re-authorize me every day, the ones that were on my list already can re-authorize after some time being offline and coming back, without a problem.

Mike, if you haven't crashed totally and lost everything, try again, maybe it will work (as somehow you're in the shadows of my list )

Jord.
                      Jordâ„¢

Comment

i dont like it. i dont like it at all
                        www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

ok now after something else pissed me off....
                          the reasons why i don't like it.....

1.) On several occasions all my messages aren't going through, or 'm not receiving all messages. (this happens alot)

2.) the Add/Invite Users button does not work

3.) the tab/enter button no longer sends my messages, it just highlights all the text above.

4.) the chat request button is no where to be found. so much for chatting when messages aren't going through.

5.)the Alert/Accept mode buttons don't work on half my contact list. which is annoying when you cant change the whole visable/invisable list thing.

6.) It takes way too long to load up. Way TOo Long...

7.)hmm.. can't think of anymore it's 4 am.

edit.. 4:02am...

8.) the send through server button is no where to be found either......

9.) filetransfers.. there not yet supported in this version....

ummm.. ok.. thanks for telling me all this Jord.

i've only had it installed about 3 days.. but sure i'll find more wrong with it.

4:24am... ok apparently you have to add-on all the extra shit by downloading each item one by one and installing them to update the icq.. or activate all the features.. stupid stupid.. stupidd.. ok i'm gettin my old version back now.

i am editing the shit out of this post..... ok i had downloaded a few featuresand installed them, restarted my icq just to see if they worked.. Guess what.. NOPE. it didn't activate any of them..

how can i sound so passionate about something like this. lord.

10.) my SMS buttons seem to not be working today now
                          Last edited by Lizzard[MPE]; 3 November 2001, 08:27.
                          www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Working...
                          X