Why did you choose your user names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did you choose your user names

How/Why did you guys choose your MURC user name? Mine is based on a pop3 account that I managed to screw up whilst signing up with a local ISP several years ago. I no longer use the ISP but I kept the name.

regards MD
    Interests include:
    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

The guys in the Gaming forum know my story already but here you go.

In Unreal Tournament when you kill someone it tells you who killed you. It says "You were killed by _______"

I always thought it was funny for it to say "You were killed by Kindness!"

The name kind of stuck with me and here I am .

edit: What the heck is a "Currie". Is it a UK thing?
    Last edited by Pneumatic; 22 October 2001, 16:18.

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

Because it is my name. Now my online gaming name is Dragon[MU/BB]. Dragon because I like Dragons, MU=Matrox User and BB=BetaBoyz

Joel
      Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
      Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

cjolley
        chuck jolley
        um....
        chuck
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

I use my user name as a nickname in mIRC it means shovel in english, don't know quite why i choose it just happend
          Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

Comment

Back in the late 80s and early 90s I used to race 1/10 scale electric RCs (before all my $$ started to go to raising 2 kids). I had more invested in my racers than all the PCs I've owned put together.
            I was sponsored by a local track, and raced at all the different tracks in town, and was pretty darn good at it (I have a box full of trophies and ribbons around here somewhere).
            Anyway, one of the track announcers liked assigning racer names to all the guys. We had Jumpin Jim V., Dyno Paul D., and many others. The name I got tagged with was Kruzin Kenny, and it has just stuck ever since (I still hang out with some of my old racin pals, and they still call me Kruzin).
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Sony... Bony!

Hi Sony, how's it hangin'?

Frtznch grbble SONY... GURM? Ffffftph!

- Gurm
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              If only life were as easy as you
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              If only life were as easy as you
              I would still get screwed

Comment

Hell-uh-vee-shuh!

New Helvitia was a town very near where I was born(Sacramento, CA). I thought for a long while that it was New Helevitia so I started using Helevitia. I used it for a long time before I found out I was wrong So that's it!

Dave
                Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I needed a name for BBS's. I came up with this one after one of my friends had told a few storytales about the "small furry mammal of ill repute."
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Curry is defintly a Uk thing.. My friends in yorkshire go out and get drunk and go get a curry afterwards. one of them is coming to visit in December he said he would teach me how to cook one. i'll let ya know how good it is

I got my name cos in school my nickname was Lizzard. and the [MPE] came from my Ut clan the Mad Penguin Empire. so my Ut name is Lizzard[MPE].. i choose it cos most people don't think i'm a girl when i play and that helps so the little shits that are 13yrs old don't gang up and come looking for me
                    Last edited by Lizzard[MPE]; 22 October 2001, 17:50.
                    www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

I thought curry was a kind of food, with beans in it...

Alec comes from an Entombed (swedish metal band) song, which is called "Smart Alec". Also, my name is Alexandre, so it makes some sense.

Comment

I got mine because that's always been my nic. My last name is Ragsdale, and people just call me Rags.

Rags

Comment

Albuquerque + Paul + Mahl = ALBPM

Curry is a spice or a blend of spices used in India and throughout Southeast Asia. My favorite are the Curry dishes from Thailand.

Paul
                          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

My favorite are the Curry dishes from Thailand.
                            Yeah, Thai dishes are great. #16 is my favorite.
                            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I got mine from my Car I own. I have a 1998 Mustang GT and when I signed up for my first email account, I wanted to use 98GT@exit109.com, but due to Unix limitations I had to use GT98 instead...

Scott
                              Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working...
                              X