DDR RAM voltage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR RAM voltage

In my quest to hit 1600+ on my T-bird 1.4Ghz, I started to play around with the DDR RAM voltage to see if I could get it work at higher FSB ratings. The Fastest overclock I could get without overvolting the DDR RAM before yesterday was 10.5x145=1524mhz.

I flashed the new 5E BIOS for my KG-7 RAID yesterday and decide to play around with the settings once again. Currently I'm running 10x150=1500mhz with the DDR voltage set .5 of a volt over specs (can't remember if it was 2.5 or 2.6V), before this I couldn't get the computer to relablitly run at the 150 mhz FSB, even at a lower muliplier. Ran Prime95 for the evening last night and my computer was still chugging away at it when I got up this morning so I'm guessing its good to go. I'm going to bump the mutliper to 10.5 and see what happens when I get home from work.

So in a nut shell how much can I overvolt my memory before I have to worry about screwing it up? And is this really helping me or is the new BIOS making the computer more stable?

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Now you know why Asus boards default +3.3 and DDR voltage to .1v more than spec´ed...

Maybe you want to consider some RAMsinks in order to be more safe when upping the voltage on the RAM. Generally speaking, +10% voltage from the spec for a chip is usually safe (silicon is made within some security margins). 0.5v? wouldn´t it be more 0.05v? I don´t think even Abit has settings to do 3.1v on DDR...

Comment

Working...
    X