Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Gen Matrox Board

my opinion -

Matrox cannot continue to place 100% focus on the business market without suffering a slowdown somewhere in the middle. Businesses will always need upgraded components, but not at the pace that consumers upgrade to a more 'kick-ass' gaming board. Matrox is not stupid. They have talented engineers, Marketing potential, and experience. All of that = next-gen gaming king. Their engineers can't keep outputting a slightly tweaked version of un outdated board and expect to offer a celeb product.

I am confident that Matrox will once again release a winner. And soon. It'll have everything, including high-end business, industrial, gaming, and specialty uses. That way, they can skim the frothy top of the market while pleasing all of those patient enough to wait for the latest and greatest.

I'm holding off for another 6 months, who's with me??

So you couldn't post to the other topic...

I too believe we'll see some serious horsepower from Matrox. But I've waited two long years now... And from what I've tested Motor City Online, the damn graphics engine is so heavy (okay, so the beta test code might be unoptimized) that a G400 has serious difficulties.
    On the other hand, I've tested a Radeon... And sold it away for it's instability.

Comment

I hope we will see some serious horsepower.

If I want to get some decent framerates at high resolutions in modern games I have to use my $vidia instead of my G400MAX.

Let's hope we don't have to wait 6 months long.
      Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
      Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
      Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

i'll keep on waiting, too!!!

i like my g400max so much!!!!!!!
        my system:

AMD XP 2000+
        Abit KTA7 (VIA 4.49)
        512MB SDRAM133
        Matrox Millennium G400 MAX (5.91, AGP 2x)
        Windows XP Prof

Comment

If ATI and nV are using Turbo/Super charged piston engines I'd suspect M will be Jet powered!
          Last edited by Greebe; 25 September 2001, 09:41.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Or mabye even Warp Drive??

amish
            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Maybe... Enterprise does premier tommorrow
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Re: So you couldn't post to the other topic...

Originally posted by Tempest
                I too believe we'll see some serious horsepower from Matrox. But I've waited two long years now... And from what I've tested Motor City Online, the damn graphics engine is so heavy (okay, so the beta test code might be unoptimized) that a G400 has serious difficulties.
                On the other hand, I've tested a Radeon... And sold it away for it's instability.

Tempest aka. hmmh... I don't remember your nick at Muropaketti, but anyway : As I have been trying hint to you, wait for christmas at least before buying anything or you might regret your choice.

I have also said that Matrox is only a back door for me, if something goes to h*ll with my primary next gen chip/card (which I definately don't hope for, because those guys have been kicked too many times in the head and all of that because their first chip didn't made to market when manufacturer made bankcrupt with problems at Audio Side. wheeh.. awfull sentence even between brackets but I think you got it. ), but based on the facts I know it does not sound bad at all.

so far I am not sure if my information is right because all the info that I got hasn't been correct. (yes, I mean a case of Matrox next Gen.) And that's why I am not willing to tell you. MURCers have suffered enough. I don't know if someone has just "pissed to my eye"(hehe Finnish saying... ), Don't want make more hype than here already is.

But Stay tuned.

MURC is still one of the Best's User Groups.
                "Dippadai"

Comment

If Matrox's next gen does not support displacement mapping, I'm donating my brain to medical science!

Comment

You 've promised!
                    ATHLON XP 2600; Abit KX7-333Raid; 1GB SDRAM DDR PC-3200 Corsair XMS; Matrox Parhelia AGP 256; HITACHI 7K250 250GB; HITACHI 120GXP 120GB; HITACHI 120GXP 60GB; Sound Blaster Audigy 2; Plextor DVDRW PX-716A; Plextor CDRW Premium

Comment

Which XMAS?

@NAPPE1

XMAS this/next year/decade/century/millenium/ . . . ?
                      Last edited by snn47; 30 September 2001, 00:44.

Comment

The sooner the better. I can't wait to use Matrox again.
                        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Hey guys,
                          Reading your post about matrox' nex-gen product, I have to says that you are soooo far from the thruth; why do you think Matrox has decided to name it's "high-end" (heum-heum) card "Millennium" ? Because they only release one brand new design per millennium... Anyway, I have two boxes here at home, and there won't be any matrox card in them (maybe if there a new REAL good card from matrox) and I ordered an Elsa G3 Ti 200 and an ATI Radeon 8500... I didn't even consider remotely touching any of matrox' cards (except the RT2X00) released after the G400...
                          What was necessary was done yesterday;
                          We're currently working on the impossible;
                          For miracles, we ask for a 24 hours notice ...

(Workstation)
                          - Intel - Xeon X3210 @ 3.2 GHz on Asus P5E
                          - 2x OCZ Gold DDR2-800 1 GB
                          - ATI Radeon HD2900PRO & Matrox Millennium G550 PCIe
                          - 2x Seagate B.11 500 GB GB SATA
                          - ATI TV-Wonder 550 PCI-E
                          (Server)
                          - Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.66 GHz on Asus P5L-MX
                          - 2x Crucial DDR2-667 1GB
                          - ATI X1900 XTX 512 MB
                          - 2x Maxtor D.10 200 GB SATA

Comment

FrankyMail, if i'm right, the original Millenium card was released in the previous millenium. Now we are quite rightly waiting for this milleniums card. I wonder what it will be called.

regards MD
                            Interests include:
                            Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

*LOL*

Comment

Working...
                              X