Enterprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enterprise

Whos gonna watch this? I'm pretty excitied about it. I'm a big Next Generation Fan, but I couldn't really get into the Orginal Series that Much becasue I thought that the special effects where cheezy (coming from someone who was 3-4 years old when the first Star Wars Movie Came out..that was the SHIT ), but they had really good story lines otherwise. The other series, like DS:9 never really did anything for me and Voyger was good, but I didn't make it a point to sit down and watch it.

I guess the biggest problem I'm gonna have is that I'm gonna be waiting for Dean Stockwell to pop in and tell Sam Becket err...Captan Jonthan Archer what to do next .

Scott
    YES
    0%
    NO
    0%
    I rather play around with my PC...
    0%
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

As someone who:
    1) has seen every episode of the original series,
    2) has seen every episode of The Next Generation series,
    3) has seen almost all episodes of the DS9 series,
    4) has seen almost all episodes of the Voyager series,
    5) has all of the StarTrek movies on DVD, except for the first one since it is not out yet, and has movies 1 through 8 on VHS tape,
    6) is currently collecting the orginal series DVDs and is currently up to number 23,
    7) has a subscription to StarTrek the Magazine starting with issue 1,

And the list goes on, but i'll stop here.

I would say yes I will be watching Enterprise when it airs.

Call me a StarTrek geek (Trekkie) if you will, won't bother me none.

Joel

BTW I was 6 when the first episode of StarTrek aired.
    Last edited by Joel; 29 August 2001, 03:36.
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

I think that when DS:9 really got rolling, it was far better than any Voyager episode (not that I put myself through the anguish of watching them ALL).
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I know.........

I'll be watching it, and Joel, it's NOT Star Trek Geek, it IS "trekkie"

-Dil

*** EDIT: Thanks. Actually it's been a long time since someone called me that. Joel ***
        Last edited by Joel; 29 August 2001, 03:35.
        Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

I liked DS9, it started getting really good at the end of episode 3.

picard still rules, and kirk is cult, voyager is the worst of the series, its still good though.

the small teaser i saw of enterprise looks, like its gonna be more moder than the other series (camera, characters etc.)

i shall watch it till i decide its too bad, which i hope i wont

Comment

I'll be watching Enterprise, good or bad, as will billions of others. Good or bad just won't matter.

DS9 was the ultimate ST series. Thats what they should base a film on.

IMHO.

Tony.
            FT.

Comment

i think it will be closer to millions than to billions

ill be watching it, too, but if after two episoeds i still think that every single series so far sucked, and i dont like the characters, costumes, plots etc, i wont watch it anymore, its very unlikely thouhg

Comment

I'll be trying to watch it on my fuzzy reception of UPN.

I gotta get that fixed!! I have about a month, right? Debuts Sept. 26 or something like that, right??

amish
                Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

It's all gone downhill since the original. Each series after has been worse than the one before. I don't expect this one to be any different. Oh and I to except AL to show up.
                  C:\DOS
                  C:\DOS\RUN
                  \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Re: Enterprise

Originally posted by GT98

I guess the biggest problem I'm gonna have is that I'm gonna be waiting for Dean Stockwell to pop in and tell Sam Becket err...Captan Jonthan Archer what to do next .
                    Al -
                    "Ziggy says.."

tap, tap (Al taps Zig's control pad)

"uh, okay, here we go. Ziggy thinks that this is the stage setting for a popular television series back around the turn of the century, and that you're currently the leading actor on the show.

"To make the next jump we think you're going to have to make sure that this particular series, which is the 5th in a line of series based on one storyboard universe, doesn't flop."

Sam -
                    "How am I gonna do that, Al?"

Al -
                    "Well.. we're not too sure about that yet, since at this point it seems that each series had been declining in quality compared to the one before it. But I can tell you one thing Sam, be glad you didn't jump into the lead actor, uh, actress, for the series prior to this one. Actually, she had a nice, ahem.. Anyway Sam, we're gonna keep working on this problem."

click-beep (presses button opening portal door to hologram room and steps out)

------------
                    Heh-heh-heh. Might've been better as an episode of QL after all.
                    "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                    Gainward Ti4600
                    AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Electric Amish,

The debue is set for September 26th @ 8:00 PM EST.

Scott
                      Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

(sings)

"I'm a trekkie, you're a trekkie, he's a trekkie, she's a trekkie, wouldn't ya like to be a trekkie too? Be a trekkie, watch lotsa Trekkie."

-Dil
                        Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Tomorrow!

I got my antenna mast replaced with a 10' length of 1" conduit. I also heard that channel 24 has upped their broadcast strength.

It's now coming in ok. Still has a little snow, but definitely better and watchable.

I can't wait for winter to hit and those damn cottonwood trees that are blocking my reception to lose their leaves.

amish
                          Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

ACE: that was a REAL QL episode, but they were dressed up in tin foil suits

I'm in for sure. BTW, here's the new (old?) Enterprise;

And I'm really looking forward to the butterfly eaters;

Dr. Mordrid
                            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 25 September 2001, 12:25.
                            Dr. Mordrid
                            ----------------------------
                            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

If you want to see some clips now go here:

The clips in the "Early clips from "Enterprise" are the interesting ones.

PS these are real clips not some preview compilation thingy.

Comment

Working...
                              X