Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone pleyed with the Gainward CardExpert GeForce3 Powerpack ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone pleyed with the Gainward CardExpert GeForce3 Powerpack ?

I'm looking at this as a possible replacement for Matrox Cards. Being based on the GeForce3 is a definite plus in the 3D performance category. This will finally put me back on track for 3D after waiting a year or more for Matrox to catch up.

The card has video capture and video out capabilities, but I haven't found a lot of information as to how these actually work. It appears that the capture side might be limited to capturing only MPEG-1 or MPEG-2. Also, they claim to support a capture rate of 30 f/s, which I assume is 30 frames/sec leading me to assume further that this means 60 fields/sec. But we all know what ASSUME means, .

The card also has video out capability, but again I have no information as to how it is implemented. One nice feature of the Marvel G-X00 cards I have is having the video being played back go to a separate TV monitor. While I can live without this feature, it is very nice when previewing the NLE work I do.

Anandtech's review of the card claims it has high quality 2D as well and they card received a 9 out of 10 rating.

I'm not really expecting this card to accell in the NLE/video world, but who knows, maybe I'll be surprised.

One thing´s for sure, Gainward is the best Geforce 3 manufacturer up until now. It doesn´t have a bad 2D image quality (Nvidia´s trademark) and it´s a real powerhouse in 3D gaming. Maybe it´s worth the shot.

Don´t know about video capture, though.
    Last edited by Alec; 2 August 2001, 11:50.

Comment

Working...
    X