The Condor codename.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Condor codename.....

I know Matrox has used Bird's names as codenames for its products, but I was just thinking about its lastest name choice. Last time I checked a Condor is a endangered big ugly bird that lives out on the West Coast of the USA, mostly in California. I hope this doesnt reflect anything on the company...I just hope that they have next codename is along the lines of Eagle or Falcon....something that invokes speed or Keeness...oh well I'm thinking out loud now...

Scott

------------------
    Abit BH6 rev 1.0 Celeron 2-566@877mhz,256mb RAM,ATI Radeon AIW,SB Live! with Klipsch Promedia v2-400, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem,WinME on Western Digital 30GB drive
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">As seen at PowerVR Revolution :"As a follow-up to the previous post regarding Matrox news, I would like to add that the G800 is NOT dead. The card, which apparently boosts some very impressive features, has simply been rescheduled for 2002. On the other hand, two cards are to be released soon. The first one is the G550. I have no information about this card, unfortunately. The second card will use a new technology called Parhelia. Parhelia is a completely redesigned graphics engine, which we can guess will be used in their future cards."</font>
    http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum15/HTML/000018.html

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Doesn't the Condor live on the west coast of Southamerica. The most of them (not many) live in the mountains of Peru, I think.

Comment

Novdid,

GT98 just got the condor and the vultures of Hollywood mixed up

Comment

Interesting Ant,

but what this has to do with condors escape me.
          Are you sure you´re in the right spot?

rubank

Comment

See the quote in Joel's post

Comment

rubank, quoted by Joel: "The second card will use a new technology called Parhelia. Parhelia is a completely redesigned graphics engine, which we can guess will be used in their future cards"

Okay, I don't know what it has to do with Condors either, maybe they see them constantly when flying through the searing sky

Jord.
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

Well I had time to kill and did some reseach on the Condor Subject (the bird, Not Matrox's next chip) there are two types...Califorina Condors and Andean Condors that live in Andes Mountain Range (duh! ) In South America. Both are endangered species, though the Andean birds are better off and where even used in a study on how to raise and release the Califorian Condors. At present time both birds are are recovering and the future looks bright for them...

LOL

Scott

------------------
                Abit BH6 rev 1.0 Celeron 2-566@877mhz,256mb RAM,ATI Radeon AIW,SB Live! with Klipsch Promedia v2-400, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem,WinME on Western Digital 30GB drive
                Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I assume that Parhelia refers to a new compression technology.
                  <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

umm, no
                    System 1:
                    AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                    Epox 8K7A
                    2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                    an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                    SBLIVE 5.1
                    Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                    IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                    Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                    3Com Hardware Modem
                    Teac 20/10/40 burner
                    Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

So Jim, what do you think the name refers to?
                      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Parhelia is a completely redesigned graphics engine.

Comment

Yeah and I heard the name means something like bright spots around the sun

AZ
                          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Ant:
                            Parhelia is a completely redesigned graphics engine.</font>
                            Got it. I was just trying to tie that info together with your dictionary description. Why would they call the new graphics engine Parhelia? I'd like to hear some ideas besides the typical smart-azz replies.

Comment

Maybe it can do lens flares faster or something. Dunno.

Hmm, well that doesn't make sense, but hey, I came up with that in 2 1/2 seconds

Comment

Working...
                              X