Using offline computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using offline computers

I have just got the opportunity to use a couple of machines at a location with a local area network but no internet connection. I go there daily and it would be no problem to bring a CDRW with new units and to take home the results. At home I have a nice internet connection, so I could download new units at home. Is there a simple way of having a number of clients running, connecting to a server that maintains a pool of units (supplied by me from a CDRW) and also stores results? I know that setiQ can do the server part, but how would I get units downloaded and how do I pass them to the server? Another instance of setiQ at home?

Any suggestions?
    The geek shall inherit the Earth

Yea, I suppose you could run SetiQ off the CDRW for a week at a time, and only take it home to upload the units - possibly have 2 disks to swap and prevent any lost processing time.

Alternatively you could use batches, but if you're happy with the 1st suggestion go with that. (well, really a refinement of your suggestion!)

Paul.

------------------
    The Pace3000 Network (under reconstruction)
    PaceCentral | Seti
    Matrox Users / SETI@MURC
    Join the team! | Crunch faster! | View the stats!
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Mojo,
      SetiDriver should also do the trick, I use this for all of my seti clients.

If you are using a cd-rom to transport the files make sure they aren't converted to ro as seti doesn't like it when this happens.

breezer
      Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

Comment

ro = Read Only
        [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
        Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
        Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
        Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
        Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Working...
        X