SETI Caching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SETI Caching

I currently use SETI Driver to cache my units. Is there a way, or a program to get SETI to shutdown along when Windows does (like the GUI version)? The owners of two of my machines running SETI are annoyed that they have to shut it down manually everytime they restart/turn off their machines.

Ah yes, that's a classic.
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CONAGENT.EXE
    Copy (and I say copy not move) this file to your Seti directory.

Alternatively you can right click it for properties and ...hrmph mumble grumble...aw I can't remember exactly (I'm on NT now), but it's one of the tabs and you should tick "...shut down on something.." bleh.

hehe
    P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
    Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

Thanks, I'll try that out.

Comment

Nope, it doesn't work. I put it in the dir with the seti CLI and SETI Driver (same dir). What program do you mean by right-click? I didn't see such an option for conagent.exe. BTW, I'm running Win98 FE.

Comment

I've checked it now.
          If you right click the file conagent.exe and choose properties, then you'll see 6 tabs.
          Choose the second one called program. There you'll see a check box called "close on exit", check this and choose OK.

To be honest, I haven't verified it but it's a common solution seen on various Seti forums, groups and what not.

Wait a moment...
          You're using a caching program. The most elegant solution would be to leave the file in the SYSTEM directory and use the check box.
          If this doesn't work you could try copying the file to *each* cache directory.

If this doesn't work either, I'll go get a spoon and sit in a corner hitting my head.

------------------
          Join the MURC SETI team!
          View the exciting stats
          P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
          Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

Well, get the spoon, because none of those worked

Comment

Seeing that Jord posted this in the FAQs...

I've actually found the right checkbox. Its in the last tab I think. Under termination, uncheck "Warn If Still Active." That should do it.

Comment

Working...
              X