Fastest seti@murcers Jul 21-28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fastest seti@murcers Jul 21-28

It's been a while (first the servers where down, and then I forgot), but here it is again... the fastest seti@murcers for the past week:

<TABLE BORDER=1><TR><TH>name</TH><TH>wus</TH><TH>hours</TH><TH>average</TH></TR><TR><TD>jes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1.12</TD><TD>1h 7m</TD></TR><TR><TD>Rags</TD><TD>44</TD><TD>117.64</TD><TD>2h 40m</TD></TR><TR><TD>Manex</TD><TD>144</TD><TD>429.21</TD><TD>2h 59m</TD></TR><TR><TD>cjolley</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>76.61</TD><TD>4h 47m</TD></TR><TR><TD>Mark F.</TD><TD>88</TD><TD>438.30</TD><TD>4h 59m</TD></TR><TR><TD>Swing</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>94.81</TD><TD>5h 16m</TD></TR><TR><TD>Jorden</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>75.05</TD><TD>5h 22m</TD></TR><TR><TD>Eye MD</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>151.82</TD><TD>5h 50m</TD></TR><TR><TD>paulcs</TD><TD>105</TD><TD>613.62</TD><TD>5h 51m</TD></TR><TR><TD>KvHagedorn</TD><TD>60</TD><TD>350.64</TD><TD>5h 51m</TD></TR><TR><TD>cancer</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>11.75</TD><TD>5h 52m</TD></TR><TR><TD>Atelier Media</TD><TD>58</TD><TD>350.64</TD><TD>6h 3m</TD></TR><TR><TD>Ackerot</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>148.22</TD><TD>6h 11m</TD></TR><TR><TD>Winwiz</TD><TD>80</TD><TD>525.96</TD><TD>6h 34m</TD></TR><TR><TD>GnrlData</TD><TD>330</TD><TD>2182.60</TD><TD>6h 37m</TD></TR><TR><TD>Costas D</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>46.31</TD><TD>6h 37m</TD></TR><TR><TD>Fleabus</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>60.10</TD><TD>6h 41m</TD></TR><TR><TD>Kosh</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>33.48</TD><TD>6h 42m</TD></TR><TR><TD>Duke</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>136.29</TD><TD>6h 49m</TD></TR><TR><TD>Buuri</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>76.15</TD><TD>6h 55m</TD></TR></TABLE>

Martin

Wooooooohooooooooooo, back in the top 10
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Ok MURCers,
      I'm at 924mz and making the fastest time of all untweaked PCs (ie no tweaking at all for seti).
      Where the heck are all the MURC 1000mz machines I keep hearing about in general hardware?
      Too busy gloating to lend a hand?
      chuck
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Got a few Athlons doing between 5 and 6 hrs/wu, but there are a couple K6's and Pentiums that really dragged my Averge Time up.

One Athlon 850@1100 146CAS2mem doing 5hr-5<sup>1/2</sup>hr/wu.

Comment

My Klamath 600 (@672) is beating my 800 coppermine (@992) in getting WUs out. I also have a 333 PII and a 450 PII slowing me down on average.

PS What the hell is a jes and how does he/she make 1hour7 a wu on average? That's serious computing power.

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 29 July 2000).]

Comment

Nah, Not really brian. I have had about a dozen or so WU's in the last 50 that were about an hour. Some are over 3hrs.

Rags

------------------
            Partnership for an idiot free America

Comment

cjolley, I've stopped gloating and I'm coming to get you.
              Seems like 'Fastest..' are only picked from top 300.
              Not fair, not fair, not fair.....#$%&
              P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
              Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

Well,
                To those running multiple machines a tip of the hat!
                We need a rating for "dedicated cpu hours" this would be the most fair rating.
                Brian R. - are you running the command line client?
                chuck

Sisyfos - Bring her on!
                Of course, then the only thing to catch up to are Rags Manex, and maybe jes. Good Luck
                Chuck
                秋音的爸爸

Comment

Brian R, if you look closer on jes, he/she/it's average is nearly 19,5 hours! (place 183)

Sisyfos, I think it's top-200. If not, my ver.3-account should have been on the list.

Comment

[shouting]OH NO!![/shouting]
                    It can't be true, I want to be on the list, I should be on the list, I CRAVE to be on the list.
                    I'm even faster than cjolley's measley average

Nice with the new shouting tags

------------------
                    PIII750(cB0)1.85v@1005 cooled by GORB on CUSL2, 2x128MB Apacer 133 Cas2, Hitachi CM813ET on G400Max, 2xIBM DPTA 372050, HP 9110i, Pioneer 104S, SBLive, SpeedStream 3010 and Aopen HQ08 300W PSU.
                    Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

Whoa - Still seems fast to me. I've only had a couple under an hour that I know about.

cjolly - I am running the 2.0 command-line client on all my computers. Tried others and none makes a significant difference. I suppose I could make a more determined effort to find the absolute fastest, but it's hardly worth the effort for a few minutes a WU.

Comment

Sisyfos, you can take my place, but would you want to moderate my FAQ Files Forum as well then??

Jord.
                        Jordâ„¢

Comment

hehe

And once you've made it to the top 100 (warning: blatant self-promotion):
                          SETI@MURC statistics with history and graphs.
                          But a bit confusing nonetheless, seeing that there's history kept for the top 300s.
                          From http://seti.matroxusers.com/about.html
                          Click the appropriate category in the top navigation bar. By default, three days of data will be displayed for the top-100 teams/individuals. Change the number of days (up to 7) and range of ranks (up to 300 for the Matrox Users team, up to 200 for the others) using the form at the top of the page.
                          [sigh]I'll just have to crunch harder then[/sigh]

Comment

Sisyfos,

I understand your agony. It isn't fair

The 100/200/300 confusion is historical... At first, I only gathered data for the first 100, then 200, then 300. Guess I haven't updated all of the descriptive pages .

I'll see if I can get data for *all* MURCers, and get you where you obviously belong: on the fastest seti@murcers list.

[edit]
                            Ahhh, wait: the reason that you aren't on the list seems to be that you joined less than a week ago. I won't change that; just wait a week . Patience is a virtue

I'll still look into that full list though.

One more thing: Rattledagger, what's the nick for that beta-account of yours? If it's been in the top-300 for the past week, it should be eligible for the top-20 fastest list.
                            [/edit]

Martin

[This message has been edited by Ees (edited 31 July 2000).]

Comment

Thanks Ees for clearing that up.
                              After fiddling around with the different listings (7 days/1-300/Last delta WU etc.) and seeing a lot of ?s on my account, I sorta guessed about the 'short period membership' thingy.
                              Looking forward to next round-up or the following I got into the 300s saturday.
                              Back to crunching using SetiStash.

/Kim

Comment

Working...
                              X