X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end is near my friends!!!!!

Please read

http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB20000619S0001

Now if that doesn't make your stomach turn, I don't now what will!

Cmag

------------------
    Consequences smonsequences, as long as I’m rich

[This message has been edited by Cmag (edited 21 June 2000).]
    Consequences smonsequences, as long as I’m rich

begin rant
    Now, what I don't understand, is why doesn't Toshiba or someone else with a lot of money just buy RAMBUS and be done with all this sillieness. I mean the rest of the RAM makers have gotten along quite peacfully for many years.
    Now Rambus comes along the the young little upstart lords that they think they are and try to force all of the big players give them money when they could have just played nice and not had the negative press that they've recieved.
    All of these patents that Rambus has been grabbing are things that the other RAM makers have been taking for granted becasue they didn't want to get into a war of attrition. The left everything open on purpose, and then Rambus comes in and fouls up the entire industry. Rambbus is just a bunch of greedy bastards with no concern for the users and no concern for what they are doing to the memory market.
    Micron's got a lot of money, so does Toshiba, if nothing else between the two of them they should easily be able to become the majority shareholders. Rambus stock is current worth right around 100/shr. But the volume of shares on the market right now can't be that high. And besides, the way their stock ahs been fluctuating lately, theres no telling what will happen, heck, next week!
    /rant

Hmm, I've gotten rather good at donating a good bit more than my $.02. Heh, oh well.
    Ian
    Primary System:
    MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
    120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
    Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
    Seccondary System:
    Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
    3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
    Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
    Tertiary system
    Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
    Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

After the failing success of their RDRAM memory, Rambus now comes back with this patent claim...

They will just get everybody against them and they will deserve it!

[This message has been edited by Chucky5 (edited 23 June 2000).]

Comment

Working...
      X