Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvel G400 inexplicable autorepairs faults?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G400 inexplicable autorepairs faults?

The storry:

Phase 1:
    When I installed my G400-Tv, for the first time in dec. 1999, I run in some minor troubles, caused by the human factor, like: I didn’t patched the VIA-chipset on my computer and the VIA-AGP VxD Support. To find the errors was not so easy, but the correction was only minutes, …until new problems started to come up more and more frequent. Computer locks and “Unexpected errors” came in almoust evry program, like the Premiere 5.0 and 5.1, Explorer, OutlookExpress, Word 97, quicker mouse movement, Screen Savers etc. I tried lots of settings, tens of rebooting without resultat, until (I beleve) I switched to Dual Head with or without an attached TV via my video recorder. Usualy I have only my 19” NEC 5D monitor attached and the videorecorder without any TV. The trouble was,unexpected and inexplicable, cured for a long period of time, but I was unconscious of what the right solution was.
    Phase 2.
    The new PD 5.41 and VT 1.52 was released. I was hurry to install them using the Matrox instructions. Guess if I’ve got locking computer, unexpected program terminations? Yes, lots. They came as in “Phase 1”, more and more frequent, endig up in permanently locked screen saver again.
    In the same time I installed a 3Com netcard and a two-computer LAN + the WinGate server program. The frequency of the locks and errors became so high that I tried to uninstal the serverprogram, disabled the screen saver etc. No cure! Until today afternoon. I switched on the Dual Head, (no secondary display attached ).A brainwave? Rebooted then after a couple of minutes back to SH setting-rebooting etc. Now I am HAPPY again.

Can anybody explain it. Did I found a miracle troubleshooting? Is it known by anybody? If no, try it, but let me know it, please.

My System: AMD K6-2/400, 64 Mb, 3,5 Gb Sys HD + 6,4 Gb designated to video HD (7,2 Mb/s) Marvel G400-TV, 19” NEC 5D, NEC 32x CD-ROM, Sony 24x8x4x CD-RW, 3Com Etherlinc LAN(ISA!!!), Sony TRV 10E Camcoder, JVC videorecorder, no TV.
    It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
    ------------------------------------------------

Appendix to my storry:
    Tried the Matrox codec in Premiere 5.1. No B/W changes, yet (VT 1.52 + PD 5.41 + DirectX6.1 swedish), but the Morgan codec works much better for me until apr 1 2000.
    Now I am really happy with the card (just looking/listening a Tom Jones hit on MTV, with the PC-VCR on, Explorer+ Word2000 on in the backgroud. No crashes!!! :-) )

[This message has been edited by Fred H (edited 10 February 2000).]
    It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
    ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
    X