First bug I've seen in PD5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First bug I've seen in PD5

I had a few windows open (Netscape Editor, Windows Explorer and some folders) I was gone for a while so the monitor turned itself off after 15 minutes like it's supposed to. When I moved the mouse the monitor turned itself back on like it's supposed to and something strabnge happened.

None of the windows where refreshing themselves right. Even the START button was gone (I could see my background image in the place where it was supposed to be) I tries refreshing everything but it didn't help.
    After a while even by background dissapeared and Save As requester boxes had blank buttons in them.
    I restarted the computer and everything went back to normal.

Anyone else see this happen?

Before today I wouldn't have known what the hell you were talking about, but it happened to me today, as well. 'parts' of the display were gone, especially in explorer.exe (like, the menubars were transparent.) Going into display properties was very interesting--little or no text, and the spectrum bar in the colors dialog was huge, and wacked out.

It's hard to desribe---dumb me, I should have gotten a screenshot. I can't think of anything I was doing strange--had played Dungeon KeeperII a bit ago, but that's about it.

Reboot was the only thing that would clear it for me.

Comment

I just saw another strange thing today (It also happened to me a long time ago with the first drivers when to G200 was new and I think my old ATI Mach 64 did the same thing).

When I would drag icons around on the desktop it would have a strange messed up multicolour "ghost" of itself attached to it.

[This message has been edited by Dentaku (edited 07-12-99).]

Comment

Hi Dentaku

I encountered the same problem, but I can't seem to reproduce it. It even happened after a clean reboot. All menus became cluttered with distortion-like rainbow-effects. This only happened in 1280x1024 at 32bits color.
        When you get a chance to get to the settings, set it to 24bits or 16bits. This "cleared" the problem but did not cure it. When you go back to 32bits you get the same problem.
        After rebooting it's clean again.

Hey, it's not too bad, it does not happen often, and at least it does not crash windows

Maybe they will include a fix in 5.2x

Good luck

------------------
        Peter Aragon
        PII 350, Asus P2B, Matrox Millenium G200, SBLive, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 400 ....

Comment

Working...
        X