Marvel G400 + Dxr3 + Win2K - Creative's drivers killing Matrox's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G400 + Dxr3 + Win2K - Creative's drivers killing Matrox's

I have the serious problem with Creative Dxr3 - after installation of the latest beta drivers for it Matrox Powerdesk and drivers never goes out from 16 colors/800*600. Uninstalling of Dxr3 doesn't helps. Any ideas?
    My configuration:
    Athlon 1GHz
    512MB memory
    Creative Encore Dxr3 + DVD x6
    MGA 400 Marvel
    SB Live! Value
    AHA-2940 SCSI
    AVM ISDN
    Abit KT7A-RAID
    Windows 2000 + SP1

Tried to play with PCI slots - nothing

A part of the Hollywood +/DXR3 drivers for Win2k conflict with the G400 drivers. I've ot 2 possible fixes, but I don't know which
    one will work because I don't have a Hollywood + myself:
    - The name of the conflicting driver is "vpfilter". In w2k open the device
    manager. Open the "view" menu and check "Show hidden devices". Under "Non-plug and play drivers" you will see a device called "Vpfilter".
    Right-click on this device and uninstall it. On my PC, this brought back the monitor controls. I have not seen any malfunctions in the H+ after
    doing this. I even went so far as to rename (and later delete) "vpfilter.sys" which is located in the \winnt\system32\drivers\ directory (as
    far as i recall). I then reinstalled the latest H+ non-beta drivers and "vpfilter.sys" did not return
    - If you have a Creative DXR3
    dvd decoder card with the Enc2 Video filter installed under windows2000, do the following:
    1 - Go into device manager
    2 - Go up
    to the view box, top left, click on show hidden devices and a load of devices should appear
    3 - Go to the non plug and play devices
    section and find the Enc2 Video Filter device and disable it
    4 - Close device manager, and reboot. Now the display drivers should work

Please tell me if one of these solutions work!

Comment

Thanks for the advise - I'll try it soon. Hollywood+/Dxr3 - it is the same card? Which driver you used for Matrox for Dxr3? I using 5.33 for Matrox and latest beta for Dxr3.

Comment

I've got 2 possible fixes, but I don't know which one will work because I don't have a Hollywood + myself:

Comment

Tried Hollywood+ driver - installed without problems, but RealMagic Player refused to work - NO DISC all the time.
          Tried Creative Dxr3 drivers - the fix doesn't working - same problem with Matrox drivers - only 16 colors, no PowerDesk. (

Comment

Use Zone Selector with H+ drivers.
            C:\DOS
            C:\DOS\RUN
            \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Working...
            X