No announcement yet.

I think I found new Infos about G800 / F800 from PDpages.dll and PDtools.dll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I found new Infos about G800 / F800 from PDpages.dll and PDtools.dll

I just searched ALL my files with content "G800" and found this.

As everyone noticed long time ago, there is mentioned Matrox G800 and Matrox Fusion F800 in PDTools.dll -file. Now I found that in PDPages.dll is mentioned some of the memory types, (this one was old info, but now comes new part...) but also All Supportted Graphic Chips. ( And I mean Chips, not boards.)
    List Below:

-Matrox G450
    -Matrox G400
    -Matrox G100
    -Matrox F450
    -Matrox F800
    -Matrox G800

-Matrox G250
    -2064W
    -1064SG
    -2164W
    -1164SG
    -Matrox G200

After these, there is all those memory types.
    As you can see there is both of them! G800 and F800. What's going to be difference between G800 and F800?

Here's I thought it could be:
    It seems that F800 and G800 are both chipsets so G800 hasn't been changed to F800. In logically thinking, FCRAM version of G800 could be F800 and FCRAM version G450 (anyone remember this one??) could be F450 if it is going to be ever exist.

I am sorry if this one was old info. I haven't got very much time to visit here lately.

btw, I am using G400 16MB SH AGP and latest non-certified drivers. 8) have a Nice speculations!
    "Dippadai"

Im guesing the F series will be the second chip on the Fusion boards.

I think they have to have slightly different chip designs so that DualHead works under Win2000.

I think we will find out at comdex anyway.

ali

Comment

Fusion is the next multimedia card for Matrox, replacing the Marvel. It is a SINGLE G800 chip card with an on-board TOC (TV-Tuner On a Chip) like the 3Dfx VooDooTV 200.
      It will still include Dual-Head, but it will add COAX cable input, for VCR/Cable/Antenna. DDR-FCRAM will be the standard memory configuration on ALL X800 cards (except some OEM versions). A Dual CHip version of the ATI Radeon hasn't been announced, or at least "Officially leaked", but we know they will make one. This is the same in the Matrox Case.

Hope this clear things a little...

Francis Beausejour
      Frankymail@yahoo.com
      What was necessary was done yesterday;
      We're currently working on the impossible;
      For miracles, we ask for a 24 hours notice ...

(Workstation)
      - Intel - Xeon X3210 @ 3.2 GHz on Asus P5E
      - 2x OCZ Gold DDR2-800 1 GB
      - ATI Radeon HD2900PRO & Matrox Millennium G550 PCIe
      - 2x Seagate B.11 500 GB GB SATA
      - ATI TV-Wonder 550 PCI-E
      (Server)
      - Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.66 GHz on Asus P5L-MX
      - 2x Crucial DDR2-667 1GB
      - ATI X1900 XTX 512 MB
      - 2x Maxtor D.10 200 GB SATA

Comment

Yea....
        It makes it clear that you have no idea what an "F800" REALLY is, and are just guessing like everybody else.

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Guessing is fun, becasuse usually, in the end, we are completely wrong

Comment

Frankymail,
            Please don't go around telling people this information without qualifying it. "I believe..." or "I've read rumors..." would be appropriate, and indeed necessary.
            Where did you make this up, anyway? You're really quite wrong.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

A Dual CHip version of the ATI Radeon hasn't been announced, or at least "Officially leaked", but we know they will make one. This is the same in the Matrox Case.
              But ATI confirmed a few days ago that their Dualchip-tochnology wouldn't work in Win2k, and the Dualchip Radeon won't be produced, _ever_.

They didn't say anything about chip generations after the radeon, probably because the chance of a dualchip version of their future chips depends on if they can adapt their technology in such a way that it is possible to use it in Win2k.

Comment

When the hell is comdex anyway? I really really hope I don't have to put my G400MAX into my Althon 1GHz+ machine next year when I put it together!

Scott

------------------
                Abit BH6 with a Celeron 2-566@877mhz,256mb RAM,G400 MAX,SB Live!, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem,WinME on Western Digital 30GB drive
                Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I thought it stood for 'fubar'

------------------
                  Cheers,
                  Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Matrox Fubar series! LOL
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Comdex is in November, I think.

You guys are too funny.

amish
                      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

hahahaha oh dear, you guys are just too funny when you all start guessing weird and wonderful stuff.

------------------
                        Cheers,
                        Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Hey, my rumors are at least as good as others', and they are a melting-pot of most serious rumors/info on the Condor II found on the net. Plus, this is the fun part of waiting: making things up from what you read and think! Anyway, it did not buy a G2GTS or a Radeon, as I kept my [H]ard-earned cash for a big fat-drippin', polygon-lovin', bra-fillin' G800 (I'll buy the Dual-chip card if it is available soon after the G800 chip launch...)
                          What was necessary was done yesterday;
                          We're currently working on the impossible;
                          For miracles, we ask for a 24 hours notice ...

(Workstation)
                          - Intel - Xeon X3210 @ 3.2 GHz on Asus P5E
                          - 2x OCZ Gold DDR2-800 1 GB
                          - ATI Radeon HD2900PRO & Matrox Millennium G550 PCIe
                          - 2x Seagate B.11 500 GB GB SATA
                          - ATI TV-Wonder 550 PCI-E
                          (Server)
                          - Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.66 GHz on Asus P5L-MX
                          - 2x Crucial DDR2-667 1GB
                          - ATI X1900 XTX 512 MB
                          - 2x Maxtor D.10 200 GB SATA

Comment

Oh No! The "[H]" symbol is leaking into the MURC forums I have a feeling that it will forever be the symbol of serious geeks for the rest of infinity.
                            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Working...
                            X