Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noisy Fan on G400Max

Does anybody out there know where I can get a replacement fan for G400MAX,
    mine has gone "just a little" (sarcasm!) noisy, and consequently, very annoying.......

If any one knows of a supplier in UK, that would be preferable, but not essential

TIA
    Aiddy

It should be under warranty.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Maybe, not sure, I got it from a computer fair about 15 months ago...

Will have to dig out receipt.

Comment

I had the same problem. Didn't try cleaning it, just replaced it:
        http://www.tennmax.com/BGA_cooler_guide.htm

BGA Type B is for the MAX

I used the MAX attaching pins which I thought were superior to those supplied with the replacement cooler.

Comment

Brian,I agree with the "iffy" tenmax attachment. used a couple of small nuts & bolts plus tension springs from an old BX greenie on mine.

Comment

Yeah, anything with some spring tension is good. The MAX pins work OK, but they're not a perfect fit.

Comment

That tenmax fan looks pretty cool, i may get one for the agp chipset on my a7v as well, coz i'm considering overclocking my t'bird 800 to 1gig...

Comment

It's not clogged up with dust is it? Sometimes a blast of compressed air can silence a noisy fan (unless a bearing has gone).

...or if you want something stronger take it to a garage and use the air pump there!

Comment

Aiddy,if you're going to order a tennmax for your chipset as well,order carefully as the cooler for each application is different!!

Comment

looking through the notes on the tennmax web page its the same cooler for G400 and the a7v greenie, with minor adjustment to the fan to fit (BGA B)

Comment

you're right Aiddy. my bx chipset tennmax was a different version to MAX,hence my caution but it seems that pin holes for "greenie" on your board are same as MAX

Comment

Or, something simple like mine.
                        Super-glue an old 486 fan to it.
                        chuck
                        Chuck
                        秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
                        X