Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW hardware from both Nvidia and 3dfx.Where the hell is Matrox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW hardware from both Nvidia and 3dfx.Where the hell is Matrox?

well?

Somewhere in Canada I think.

-AJ

(sorry, I couldn't resist)
    Trying to figuring out what Matrox is up to is like tying to find a road that's not on the map, at night, while wearing welders googles!

Comment

you just have to know something is very wrong here when of all companies,even ATI will have new cards entering the market well before matrox will have theirs(sigh... ),in fact they're releasing the specs for the their new cards tonight(exactly 10.30 pm est),i'm telling you the world has gone crazy!!!!....
      note to self...

Assumption is the mother of all f***ups....

Primary system :
      P4 2.8 ghz,1 gig DDR pc 2700(kingston),Radeon 9700(stock clock),audigy platinum and scsi all the way...

Comment

speaking of realease have you seen the preiviews of the Voodoo 5 it's just sad it can hardly hold it's own against the GeForce it doesn't look good for 3dfx at all and i believe Matrox is announcing tommorow the 25th so keep your shorts on and anything from Matrox could beat the tar out of the voodoo 5 at this rate they say their 32 bit color is not even that great 3dfx better get it's drivers goin especially if they expect to sell thier card at $299 i really don't want to rag on them but man they need to get in gear this is not up to par with the next cycle of video cards
        -chris k.
        -Chris K.

Comment

What -AJerk...oops sorry.I couldn't resist either

Comment

Tommarow is going to be a good day.

Keep your pants on for just a lil longer.

Comment

Dyre...is it just me or do you know just a little bit more than you're letting on...????,i know that all the other makers are unveiling their cards tuesday(ati,nvidia) so what's the surprise(pretty please),c'mon throw us a bone here...
              note to self...

Primary system :
              P4 2.8 ghz,1 gig DDR pc 2700(kingston),Radeon 9700(stock clock),audigy platinum and scsi all the way...

Comment

Don'tcha feel it wiggle?
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

To Jutai:

These are preview with a BETA board with BETA drivers, the performance at the end will be better than that rest assured.

remember the first reviews of the G400 using Beta drivers, it looks shitty compared to what it has really become, so the same apply to 3Dfx (I'm not a 3Dfx zealot, but give them a break).
                  Athlon64 4800+
                  Asus A8N deluxe
                  2 gig munchkin ddr 500
                  eVGA 7800 gtx 512 in SLI
                  X-Fi Fatality
                  HP w2207

Comment

Dionysis, sorry I bent your feelers.

Did you check out: http://www.murc.ws/#Flight Of The Condor

Matrox seems to be caught in an anti-hype field, from which there is no escape.

Sounds like this card will be more of an evolutionary step up from the G400, rather the revolutionary (have to wait for the G800 for a bigger pop). But, maybe Matrox will have a surprise or two up their sleeves. It would be damn funny if the g450 beat the v5 5500 at 32 bits. Of course, its kind of looking like the v4/5 are more evolutionary than revolutionary, so it is possible.

As far as bragging rights go, I imagine that the v5 6000 will smoke everyone (include the consumers who shell out for it!).

Anyway, *all* the big players will be dog and ponying their latest wares at WinHec (which starts tomorrow). What I want to know is when will we see reviews of the new Matrox and ATI cards, the reviews of 3dfx are out and Nvdia's will be out RSN.

-AJ

For me, it's just curiosity, I'll hold on my g400 till the g800 hits the shelves, I hate the poor 2D quality on everyone else's cards.

[This message has been edited by AJ (edited 25 April 2000).]
                    Trying to figuring out what Matrox is up to is like tying to find a road that's not on the map, at night, while wearing welders googles!

Comment

yeah i hear ya jackzod,
                      To tell you the truth i really hope the voodoo 5 5500 does much better i like the competition keeps everyone on their toes but even for a beta version the voodoo is way behind the reviews i've seen don't even include the best GeForces on the market and the voodoo keeps up but it should be far ahead. The v5 was codenamed napalm and was slated to go head to head with the GeForce but with technology that was considered standard for other cards last year like 32 bit color and 2kx2k textures they are really playing catch up i hope they have something good in the rampage chipset. Most of the 3dfx supporters have been yelling "frames are king" and with the voodoo 5 5500 they will be crying out for Nvidia or the $599 v5 6000 i just expected better from 3dfx
                      -Chris k
                      -Chris K.

Comment

Uhhhh....wiggle????,cause you see i know something else that wiggles,but it ain't no videocard!!!!....LOL... .
                        note to self...

Primary system :

Comment

I want my G800 NOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!
                          OR ELSE:

[This message has been edited by alessandro (edited 26 April 2000).]

[This message has been edited by alessandro (edited 26 April 2000).]
                          Athlon Thunderbird 1.1Ghz@1.2~1.3+GHz Socket A 256Kb,Asus A7V dipswitches,GlobalWin FOP32-1 heatsink,GlobalWin 802 Advance ATX Case, 17" Sony Multiscan 200PST,384MB Crucial PC133 CAS=2,ATI Radeon 32Mb DDR,(Matrox Millenium G400 MAX 32MB 5ns SGRAM),IBM Deskstar 75GXP 15Gb UltraATA/100, Quantum Firebal EL 10.2Gb,Hewlett Packard DeskJet 970Cxi,Epson Perfection 1240U Scanner,Sound blaster Live!,Cambridge Soundworks 5.1,Creative PC-DVD 5X,CDR-RW Ricoh MP7040S@MP7060S(Tweaked from 4x--->6x with no problem),Adaptec SCSI 2920C,Diamond SupraExpress 56e PRO,Iomega Zip Drive.

Comment

Guy needs a haircut.

Comment

What I find most disturbing about the GeForce 2 GTS is they made the exact same mistake they did with the GeForce. All that horespower and only a tiny upgrade on external bandwidth means the cards raw 16-bit performance is astounding, but the 32-bit HQ performance is laughable, sometimes less than 5fps faster than a Voodoo 5. ITs a nice cards, but they need to start putting some research into new bus improvements; anyone whos been following the path of 3d development knows Nvidia's been nursing that same 128-bit external bus since the Riva 128. Being so dependent on new DDR technologies could leave Nvidia burned in the long run. Besides, when the hell is Quad Data Rate SDRAM due out?

If you havnt seen this new gem, you dont have to look far...benchmarks are plastered all over the web, or you can buy your own on Firday

------------------
                              This Signature Space FOR SALE / RENT

Comment

Working...
                              X