Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adaptec Easy CD Deluxe 4.01 reboots each time I start it in win2k pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adaptec Easy CD Deluxe 4.01 reboots each time I start it in win2k pro?

I'm using Easy CD Deluxe 4.01 and damn it keeps rebooting my OS(win2k pro)??? anyone know what's going on?
    Also my win2k pro has problem shutting down and restarting all the time. It just seem to freeze on the destop wallpaper????
    my system: P3 600. Asus P2B-DS lastest bios
    Matrox G400 beta driver? maybe it's the matrox driver???

Using a 16 bit desktop will solve the first problem, dunno about the second, could be anything.

Comment

MY GOD YOU ARE RIGHT......HOW DID YOU KNOW? SHIT DOES THIS HAS TO DO WITH THE MATROX DRIVER???? DO I HAVE TO LEAVE IT AT THIS SETTING EACH TIME I USE EASY CREATOR?? OR WILL THERE BE A PATCH FOR THIS?

[This message has been edited by Godblissyou (edited 10 February 2000).]

Comment

Lets see, W2K, Easy CD Deluxe 4.xx and Beta drivers, why do I get the feeling that this belongs to the Soap Box

Pertti

(Betting on the Easy CD, which just about destroys whatever OS, in which it is installed.)

Comment

EZCD Creator is a joke. When you get serious about burning CD's, go take a look at Cequadrat's WinOnCD and PacketCD

Comment

Links please....
            Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
            - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
            - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
            - 6.1 Digital Audio
            - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
            - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
            - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
            - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
            - LS120 IDE Floppy
            - Zip 100 IDE
            - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
            - NEC FE950
            - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

I second that. Can we see a couple of links?

Thanks.

Paul
              paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

It happens with certain versions of TNT cards as well, not all. So it's not just a Matrox problem. Either Microsoft gooned on publishing something in the API, or Adaptec needs to patch EZCD. Either way, it may be a while, but I'm sure it will eventually get fixed.

- Gurm

------------------
                Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                If only life were as easy as you
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                If only life were as easy as you
                I would still get screwed

Comment

It seems the new <a href="http://www.matrox.com/mga/drivers/files/w2k_501.htm"> beta drivers</a> fix this problem in 32 bit mode............
                  =========================
                  <font size="1">ABIT VP6, Dual PIII 1.0Ghz's | 768 MB of Kingston RAM |
                  Dual IBM C-71 17" monitors | Matrox G400Max | Seagate Cheetah 10k 9.1gb SCSI U2W drive | Adaptec 2940U2W SCSI Controller | Maxtor 60 GB and 80GB 7.2k IDE drives | Plextor Ultraplex 40max SCSI CD player
                  and Plexwriter 24/10/40a writer | Seagate Scorpion SCSI DAT drive | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | LinkSys NIC | <a href="http://lianli.com/11302001jcL_pc_case/jclpccase/jclpccase/pc70.html">Lian Lee PC-70USB Aluminum Tower </a> with 430 watt power supply
                  | assorted external SCSI and USB stuff | WinXP Pro</font></font>

Comment

Bloody Germans...
                    http://www.cequadrat.de

Comment

Yes WinOnCD is not bad, as for the new patch wow, it just came out today? i'll have to check it out and see what happens if I can change the colour back to true 32bit instead of just high 16bit to use ezcd..

Comment

Working...
                      X