And the Hate Melts Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the Hate Melts Away

I am SO glad to see all the G400 hate posts(both here and in newsgroups)fade away. It must be hard to beat a dead horse when the horse is running as fast as the wind.
    "640K ought to be enough for anybody."
    [Bill Gates, 1981]

That's what YOU think.

Comment

please don't destroy my fantasy. I know there will be faster cards comming out and the such, but I love my G400, and I think it loves me.
      "640K ought to be enough for anybody."
      [Bill Gates, 1981]

Comment

Ignore tish (s)he's constantly trolling, childish minds do childish work.

Comment

That's what YOU think, Ant

Comment

Ok enough childish trolling in this thread. Ant, listen. What you call trolling is "whining". And I whine because I want better stuff. And do I get better stuff when I whine? Yes. And when that's done (i.e. now), I can instead of whining, help other with problems (i.e. what I do in other threads now).

Ant, please don't tell people to ignore me. I'm merely humoring you

Please read more postings from me, and you'll soon enough see the pattern.

Bunnymud, it's nice to see you have a great relationship with your card. I assume that's because it mostly does what you need it to do. That's not the case here between me and my Max.

Enough of this, have I proven myself less childish, Ant?

Thought so

I may be wrong, please relabirate me.

Comment

No that's what YOU think. People can complain without whining, but you definately troll and try to get a rise out of people, I've seen the pattern and that's trolling

Comment

Bunnymud...

They don't write any more hate post for one and only reason....THEY KNOW THAT THEY DON'T HAVE THE BEST CARD.
                We use to have Riva owners all the time here in MURC who tried to convince us that the matrox card we bad and that you sould buy Riva TNT's......WE DONT HAVE ANY MORE

And something for our Riva owners:
                -----> I'm getting a G400 MAX this monday and so 3 more friends of mine.(but i will never sell my trusty G200)
                Athlon Thunderbird 1.1Ghz@1.2~1.3+GHz Socket A 256Kb,Asus A7V dipswitches,GlobalWin FOP32-1 heatsink,GlobalWin 802 Advance ATX Case, 17" Sony Multiscan 200PST,384MB Crucial PC133 CAS=2,ATI Radeon 32Mb DDR,(Matrox Millenium G400 MAX 32MB 5ns SGRAM),IBM Deskstar 75GXP 15Gb UltraATA/100, Quantum Firebal EL 10.2Gb,Hewlett Packard DeskJet 970Cxi,Epson Perfection 1240U Scanner,Sound blaster Live!,Cambridge Soundworks 5.1,Creative PC-DVD 5X,CDR-RW Ricoh MP7040S@MP7060S(Tweaked from 4x--->6x with no problem),Adaptec SCSI 2920C,Diamond SupraExpress 56e PRO,Iomega Zip Drive.

Comment

D@mn why did Matrox have to release the 5.30 driver Friday as promised. How dare they. What are we supposed to do now, that we can't whinne about them not being out at 00:00:01 on the international date line. Such arogance.
                  Guess we'll just have to install them and be happy. Hmmm, now there's an idea!
                  Unless we don't listen to the install instructions and various advice on how to do it!?! Then we can find things to blame Matrox for and whinne away, instead of getting a real life. Yeah, that sound much better to some.

Can you feel the sarcasm?

Mark F.

------------------
                  OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a CD

[This message has been edited by Mark F (edited 10-10-1999).]
                  Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
                  --------------------------------------------------
                  OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
                  and burped out a movie

Comment

Ant, you have your opinion, and I have mine. That's it. Social behaviour is incredible complex and impossible to judge. At least to the very tiny little word.

I can't back myself up with anything else than try to explain how I though, and what I wanted.

I fired things up because I really thought it was nesessary for getting the right changes/impressions. Damn man, I too have heard the G200 ICD horror story and it looked like hammering was the only way to get big M back up. You have always said Matrox was a great company, and that made me think the only reason the G200 didn't have a good ICD was because of the lack of "complaints".

They have now a good OGL ICD for the win9x os, but what about us winNT/win2K users? I got two blue screens in one hour just because I tried to surf these forums at the same time as I benched Quake3!

I'm shit tired of win9x (just check my profile and view my win2k fan page), I know Matrox can do better, and I belive I can whi err... complain myself to a good win2k driver.

Ant, I'm sorry to say this, but if you where a good forum administrator, you would have been able to see my feelings the way I described them above and set me correct instead of calling me a trolling childish mind. As I said, you didn't see my pattern...

Let me sum this up. You're the boss around here, you want me to complain/whine less. Done. Just "awaken" me and see if I agree before you tell people to ignore me.

Mark F, just wait till win2K releases... I want dualhead and dvdMAX in win2k!!! (that was a joke )

Folks, we got that Beta ICD driver because we whined that much. I'm certain about this. They released the 5.21, and thought not much more of it. Then when they heard all the hammering in the forums, they desided to put up the Beta that got the good scores. Would they have done that of there were only a "few complaints"? I don't think so, that's why I flamed it up (just read some of the threads, damn even the posters got tired of my "39% matrox dev rel.... etc)

I may be wrong, but then I didn't see it until now.

and don't reply me with anything like "no no that's what YOU think look at this post etc" I've been both whining, and humoring/aiding to this forum. Please don't forget that. And, when I learn more about the Max and it's problems/solutions I'll also be here to help other people.

[This message has been edited by tish beta2 (edited 10-10-1999).]

Comment

Oh I see it's my fault you post childish crap. Damn I should have known, hey if you can't blame Matrox blame Ant. I'm not here to baby sit the put on feelings of people, if you want someone to hold your hand and wipe your nose then you are in the wrong place this is not a nursery.

These forums are here for people to discuss, if you want to complain yourself to a good Win 2K driver what the hell are you doing it in here for? Go to the people who write the damn thing ie Matrox here is their URL http://www.matrox.com/mga/. A complaint is not a whine, a whine is an attitude.

Comment

TB2-
                        I've seen your posting go from somewhat helpful, and humorous (I often wondered what you smoked before some of your old tag lines), to useless. You also made your opinions clear about what you wanted/expected. There was no problem with that. We're all entitled to our opinion, and when stated in the proper manner, people will respect your opinion (even if they don't agree with it).

But lately, you have been neither helpful, nor humorous. Most of your replys have been whiney little one-line stabs, with no helpful content at all. Any post of length you have made has been nothing but a bitching session. Of late, you have become just another annoying whiner, whose posts I have simply begun to ignore...

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 10-10-1999).]
                        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Amen!

Joel
                          Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                          Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Tish, as you keep going on about those Win2k drivers and all, please read the following page... http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/m...0/features.htm

See what it says there??

"Operating systems supported

Windows® 98
                            Windows® 95, NT 4.0
                            Windows® 3.1, NT 3.51 & OS/2 Warp
                            Windows® 2000 ready <u>(support upon full version release)</u> (!!!!!)"

So now shut up, please??

Jorden.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 10-11-1999).]
                            Jordâ„¢

Comment

ohboy, I can see the nuclear warheads being pointed this way for sure, Austin help us!!!
                              jim

my new sig!!!

------------------
                              PIII-500mhz @ 620!
                              Abit BE6 mobo
                              128mb pc-100
                              Mill G400(YAHOO!!!) 32mb @ 120%)
                              PD 5.30
                              Maxtor 13.2 gb Uata66 hdd
                              SB Live!
                              Winblows 98se
                              DX7
                              THREE BIG FANS, six little ones and a case that sounds like a turbine engine...doh!

System 1:
                              AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                              Epox 8K7A
                              2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                              an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                              SBLIVE 5.1
                              Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                              IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                              Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                              3Com Hardware Modem
                              Teac 20/10/40 burner
                              Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Working...
                              X