G200 - which drivers, Bios?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G200 - which drivers, Bios?

I have a G200 Millenium, 8 MB ram, a celeron 366 oc'd to 550, and an Abit BE6 mobo.

My current bios is 1.6 and Powerdesk is 4.51.010. I'm not really having any problems with any software, other than frequent pauses in WWII Fighters (my previous card was a TNT, and I didn't get the pauses, though it also didn't look as nice).

Question -- since I'm not really having any problems, I was wondering what will be gained by upgrading the Bios and drivers (just what is the latest Bios anyway)?

Also, if I do flash the bios and get the 5.25 drivers, do I have to first bring my bus speed back down to 66 Mhz, and then oc once all is installed?

thanks!

I'm not sure if you'd have much to gain from the BIOS upgrade. The drivers are another story. 5.25 has the latest OpenGL ICD, a real bonafide ICD.

The beauty of having a Celeron 366 MHz is that at 550 (5.5 x 100 MHz), everything on your motherboard, with the obvious exception of your processor, should be running at spec. If your processor is up to it, and it appears to be, you shouldn't have problems installing new drivers at 550 MHz. Overclocking, of course, always has its risks. Your G200 is running at spec, however. It doesn't care.

Just be sure to remove all vestiges of the old G200 drivers.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Working...
    X