Unreal Tournament help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal Tournament help...

Ok, I got some friends to buy UT. Now I need help getting some good maps and other mod packs for us to use.

Can anyone tell me some good mods and maps to download and how exactly to tell the game to use them??

thanks

amish
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

A good place to start is the Clan[MU] Home Page. http://clan-mu.matroxusers.com/
    Oboy has put a bunch of maps, mods and skins on there that we use in the MGI server. Then you can check out the "links" section to get to a bunch of sites that have even more stuff (and directions on how to use them).

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

As far as priorities go, the two most important items to add would be the "Bonus Pack" and the "Innox Pack". A very large number of public servers run the maps, skins, and mods (relics) from these.
      My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

Go to www.planetunreal.com then look for the link to Nalicity. They have a bunch of maps for all the game types in UT. Try to stay with the maps that get a high rating. Have fun.

Comment

For reviews of maps try out NaliCity at www.planetunreal.com/nalicity

This place has a lot of maps, and about half are reviewed. Just stick with the maps that got a high score (9 or 10), and you'll have fun!

If you're into "realism", meaning realistic guns like MP5's, M16's, PSG sniping in guns... then check out Infiltration. It can be found at www.planetunreal.com/infiltration

Here's a tip, if a map or mod is on the main page, then it's probably good, and that's why it got mentioned. So check those out too. As for setting them up, it's really easy. Usually as simple as clicking on the file, and having the program set it up for you. Have fun
          McRhea

Comment

Just a warning about Infiltration: It requires UT version 4.20 or higher, and it may do some rearrange of your standard UT weapons priorities.

Another good way to determine popular maps is to sort the public servers (in the browser) by map. If a lot of servers are running a particular "user map", it's probably pretty good.

Doesn't do much good to have a cool map if no servers are using it -- unless you like to play offline or run your own server.
            My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

In addition to the Matrox clan site, check out http://24.112.212.78 which has a collection of mods, updates, patches, and the better maps from planetunreal.

You will need Flash to view the site.

[This message has been edited by Strider (edited 15 August 2000).]

Comment

Thanks everyone.

I've got all the patches. Got the Inoxx and Infiltration.

Downloaded a bunch of Assault and Domination maps from Planet Unreal.

I'll check out that site too, Strider.

thanks

amish
                Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Another site with a lot of maps, skins etc can be found at: http://www.unreality.org
                  ASUS P2B rev. 1.10 motherboard | 640 MB 100Mhz CAS 2-2-2 SD-RAM | P!!!-800 MHz @ 800 MHz CPU | Matrox Millennium G200 AGP 8 MB | Soundblaster Live! with digital I/O | Quantum Fireball EX 6 GB UDMA/33 HDD [C,D] | Seagate Barracuda 20 GB UDMA/66 HDD [E,F,G] | HP8100i CD-RW 24x/4x/2x [X] | 3.5" FDD [A]
                  | 5.25" FDD [B] | Momenta 56K fax/voice/modem | HP4100c USB scanner | HP LJ-5L printer | OS: Win98: All HD partitions FAT32

Comment

Working...
                  X