State of the G400 in Windows 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State of the G400 in Windows 2000

I have run a bunch of benchmarks of Quake 3 on my machine with and without r_smp 1 and have written some analysis.

I think you'll find the results interesting.

Take a look <a href="http://www.reed.edu/~nanderso/g400/">here</a> and let me know what you think and what your results are in similar circumstances.

~Minstrel

It's nice to see that in 1024X768X32bc with everything on high that you are getting 20fps like I am.

My system
    P3550@630
    Matrox G400
    NT5

*My conclusion? I'm gonna get a Voodoo 5 so I can get my 60fps on High. (and NO I do not play Quake 3..I plat ALOT of other games)
    C:\DOS
    C:\DOS\RUN
    \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

oh yeah put the G400ICD.DLL from the 5.01 drivers in your Quake 3 directory for improved framerates.
      \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

The numbers in my benchmarks are probably a bit deflated from reality, because it is a completely untweaked install. For instance, once I tweak the settings a bit, turning off Ejecting Brass, for instance, the rates get about 5fps higher in whatever category.

Those tests were done to be repeatable.

I don't play much quake either, but it is a good benchmarker I don't play much of anything now that my work is keeping me nice and busy.

Comment

yeah all that I do to benchmark is delete q3config.cfg in the BaseQ3 directory. I then have a shortcut on my desktop for each Quake 3 resolution. So ALL that it does it use the default Quake 3 settings when you delete q3config.cfg and change the resolution.
          \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

nice article...

while I don't like to spam, I think this link is also relevant to the topic name:

the current state of the bugs in the G400 5.10 beta drivers in Windows 2000: http://dzeus.student.utwente.nl/g400

the site is still under construction, since I am still in the process of learning the basics of HTML, and I will upgrade the eye-candey and the amount of information it covers when I fond the time to do so...

Comment

Working...
            X