Half Life and Win2k?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Life and Win2k?

Has anyone got half life running correctly on a G400 in Win2k with the latest beta drivers. I installed all the latest patches and stuff, but when I try to run in Direct3d, it runs the game fine, until I hit escape anyway. When I escape to get back to the menus, the screen just goes black, and I have to shut down the program in windows. Does this happen to anyone else? It doesnt do this in OpenGL, but I dont think OpenGL in half life is up to par yet. Should I install the turboGL drivers? I always play at 1024 and above and have a P3@585.

From what I have heard from just about every message I have read on this board, you sould DEFINITLEY be running Half-Life in opengl mode. The direct3d on Half-Life is just a direct3d wrapper.

------------------
    BreadFan

Soyo SY-6BA+IV , Pentium III 500MHz, SoundBlaster Live Value, 20.5gb IBM 34 GXP ATA/66 hard drive, 384mb PC100 RAM, 3Com 3C905 TX 10/100 PCI NIC, and a freakin' awesome Matrox G400Max!!
    BreadFan

Asus CUSL2 mobo
    PIII 800MHz FCPGA 133MHz Bus
    512MB Crucial PC133 RAM
    30.7GB IBM 75GXP ATA/100 HD
    Soundblaster Live Platinum
    3Com 3C905-TX NIC
    Viewsonic PS790 19" Monitor
    BBNow Cable Modem Service
    Windows 2000 Professional and a freakin' awesome Matrox G400Max!!

Comment

Is this just for Win98 or Win2k? I always ran it in Direct3d in Win98 b/c it seemed to run faster, especially before TurboGL. Has anyone else played halflife under Win2k? If so, what are your results? Should I install the latest TurboGL or is the latest full ICD good enough?

Thanks

Comment

Are you talking about W2K or Windows 98. You don't want to install TurboGL in Windows 2000.

Paul
        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Working...
        X