Annoying Stuttering W/ Janes USAF And G400 Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying Stuttering W/ Janes USAF And G400 Max

Anyone else having this problem? I just installed the new Janes USAF. When it is trucking along smooth, it is grogeous. But, it will randomly go through a period of EXTREME choppiness and stuttering every 3 or 4 minutes!! Changing resolutions all the way down to 640 X 480 did not help. And on THIS system that should not have any relevance! I've got my AGP aperature set at 128. Dual head is disabled. DMA is enabled on my hard drive.
    What the heck is going on?? It almost seems like it's trying to load terrain textures or something. But if that's the case, why will it run so tantalizingly smooth for several minutes? I've seen a few other posts similar to this, but I'm wondering if there's been any 'breakthroughs'.

MATROX, are you listening???

ASUS P3B-F
    PENTIUM 3 (5.5 X 115 = 632.5 MHz)
    256 MEGS EMS PC133 RAM
    MATROX G400 MAX (TWEAKED TO 108%)
    QUANTUM FIREBALL PLUS KA, 7200 RPM 18.2 GIG
    ADAPTEC 2940 U2W SCSI CONTROLLER
    PLEXTOR 40X WIDE SCSI CD-ROM
    YAMAHA 4416S SCSI CDRW
    TURTLE BEACH MONTEGO 2 SOUND

make sure nothing that polls is running in system tray.i had same problem found out it was my motherboard monitoring utility causing it.

Comment

memturbo did it to me check all running progs with 3 finger salute.

matt
      Abit BF6, P3 secc 700E AT 1001,alpha cooler,256 megs Micron 7.5ns pc133 ram, G400 32meg Dh ,Promise fasttrack striping 2 Quantum ka 18gig's + 2 10gig IBM's ,Sb-live platinum ,Cambridge Fps2000 speakers ,Onstream 30gig tape ,Sony cdrw ,toshiba dvd, Lotsa fans,cables ,noise....

Comment

I take it you've emailed Janes as well? I remember some of their earlier flight sims strained some top-of-the-line systems when they were first released - even after faster chips/graphic cards were subsequently released you still couldn't enable all the eye candy without getting crappy frame rates (hmmmn, need to dig out my old USNF....)

Saying that though the demo is 'gorgeous' and smooth even on my lowly system (PII-400, G200, scsi).

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X