TA Kingdoms troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TA Kingdoms troubles

I've got a G400 MAX, and I'm getting all these purple squares around trees. Other things aren't displaying correctly either, but that's the major one. I'm using PD 5.25 and DirectX 7. Any suggestions?

Do you have TA:K 2.0 Beta installed. It is supposed to fix a crap load of stuff.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Yeah, I do actually. I should have said so. It does this with or without the patch. I heard over on the Kingdoms Tech forum that at least one other guy with a G400 is having the same problem. No one else said anything, but I don't think it's just us 2.

Comment

I don't think it can be a problem with the G400. I've seen it running on a regular 32DH and my 32Max with PD5.25 & DX7 - Haven't seen the squares you decribe.

Does your DirectX and driver installation check out OK? Also try changing to the software renderer, see if that help.

------------------

--
        Chris Blake

[This message has been edited by Chris Blake (edited 10-06-1999).]
        Chris Blake

Comment

Everything checks out with DX7. All the files are right. I don't know. Yeah, it's fine in software mode, but I feel that using that kind of beats the point of having a cool video card, now, doesn't it?

Comment

Nstriker:

Actually, with TAK, the "coolness" of the G400 doesn't really come into play since all D3D does for ya in TAK is fogging and some transparent crap when yer building buildings. Very limited D3D in that game, so software mode is almost as good.

------------------
            The Rock
            "Discourage incest - ban country music NOW!"

System:
            P2 350 /w Asus P2B 1010 (PC equivalent of 3 inch penis)
            128 Meg PC100 SDRAM
            17.2Gig Maxtor DiamondMax HD
            6.4Gig Fujitsu HD
            Matrox G400 32Meg
            SB PCI 128 Sound
            Modem Blaster 56K Modem
            Panasonic 2x/4x SCSI Toaster
            32X CD-ROM
            Bart

Comment

True, I was playing TAK on a 2Mb S3Virge before my G400Max arrived. There’s hardly any difference.

------------------

--
              Chris Blake
              Chris Blake

Comment

Hmm... I knew something looked different about that fog of war. I guess it's just the transparency that's not working for some reason and that's why the trees are messed as well as a few other things like the litle fire pits. Okay. I'll just go back to software. Thanks.

Comment

Also, even with the new patch, scrolling is still jerky sometimes so I would just play in software.

There shouldn't be any graphics problems though. Do you have the latest bios too?

Also, I wouldn't say there isn't much of a difference. The fog is what makes hardware so cool. The effects are also done better. And with the new patch, they also added a bilinear filtering option when using hardware. But of course, with the scrolling problem, this game is still better played in software unless you have a glide card which has no problems.

Comment

I just downloaded BIOS ver 1.04 only to find out I had the same version already. Although for some reason it said I had 1.5 rather than 1.04 but... Whatever. So that's not it. Thanks anyway.

[This message has been edited by NStriker (edited 10-08-1999).]

Comment

Keen... Just for reference, the 5.30 drivers fixed this. Guess it actually WAS a Matrox issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X