Anyone using nextcloud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using nextcloud

Reading Phoronix forums I see that the Nextcloud is becoming a favourite way of having files stored and available to access when about or with others. It's self hosted free software with ability to purchase support. Has anyone any experience?
    Right now i'm looking at the demo online and it seems very slick.
    Last edited by UtwigMU; 23 July 2018, 02:36.

In another thread (the "redundancy" one), I was planning organization of my data. I am planning of adding different services using docker, and one of them would be NextCloud as a way of accessing the stored data. So far, I just managed to pull it to the Docker on my raspberry pi (my laptop is too old to support it), but have not had time to play further with it. (other services I would like to do via Docker are Logitech Music Server, Loxberry and serviio - reason to go the Docker route is disconnection of the host os, so it allows me a quick restore of all services if I need to reinstall the computer, or even porting it to a different computer)

So mainly just replying to also follow the thread, and maybe suggest Docker...
    Last edited by VJ; 23 July 2018, 04:18. Reason: (wronly typed OwnCloud in stead of NextCloud)
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I have case, SAS card, Supermicro MB, CPU, 32GB ECC, need 800ish for PSU, OS SSD and drives for my NAS. Then I can decomission my old server.

Right now I need to make some large files available to some contractors at work. Before I set them SSH access. Also at work no one listens to me and everyone is using wetransfer. I think nextcloud would be perfect for us as we have infrastructure (2 high RAM high core ~5TB ESXes with plan to buy more next year) and people here don't like spending more.
      Last edited by UtwigMU; 23 July 2018, 07:47.

Comment

Working...
      X