X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Most Popular Game

http://www.maximumpcmag.com/inside_s...LifeTopsCharts

Unfortunately ,
    this is also the game that needs the greatest support effort by the bros on the software dev team.

When is the next driver set due ?

------------------
    Justice
    In Harm's Way

and are you using OGL now ?

------------------
    Cheerio,
    Maggi
    Millenium G400 32MB DH
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Absolutely-the 3Dfx minigl driver on the SLI.
      There's no comparison with the Matrox OGL driver or the " wrapper " as it is called.

------------------
      In Harm's Way
      In Harm's Way

Comment

the reason Half-Life is on top is cus if you wanna burn it to your friend you need 80mins CD's and a burner capable of burning those kinda CD's.

Not many people have it, and not may people know how to do it

I play half-life with openGL at my g400 max @ 1024x32 with 40-60 fps.

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by tish beta2 (edited 09-12-1999).]

Comment

half-life is an overburn? half-life needs 80 min cds? huh?

i bought and own half-life and had the sense of mind to make a backup copy before my old cdrom drive scratched it to shreds (this happened to my starcraft cd as well) and i didn't want to send $10-20US and wait 6 weeks for a disc replacement...

i used nero on it and it copied fine on a normal 74 min disc...?
          ==
          "In Japan, I was in a relationship for seven years and my boyfriend never once heard me pee." --Miho Ogawa, 29, a Japanese waitress living in New York / Giant Robot 24

Comment

Hey Trooper,

the Matrox ICD is no wrapper, the so called D3D code within Half-Life is the wrapper.

------------------
            Cheerio,
            Maggi
            Millenium G400 32MB DH
            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
            Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
            be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
            4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
            2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
            4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
            Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
            LG BH10LS38
            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Rei, have you tested that burn? I would be surprised if it worked...

Comment

http://www.gamecopyworld.com

There, you just choose your game, and it tells you, step by step, how to copy it. Even PSX games!

Anyway, the Most Popular Game EVER muct be Civilisation, surely?

------------------
                Cheers,
                Steve

PS: Some or all of the above message may be wrong, or, just as likely, correct. Depends on what mood I'm in. And what you know. ;¬)

Comment

yeah it works fine. because my original sure as heck doesn't.

i bought it in december-january, maybe they changed it to overburn later?
                  ==
                  "In Japan, I was in a relationship for seven years and my boyfriend never once heard me pee." --Miho Ogawa, 29, a Japanese waitress living in New York / Giant Robot 24

Comment

Interesting... I wanted to burn it from a friend, and he said it was an overburn. It also said so on the ISO warez sitez. Not that I do anything like that though... No no not me I'm mister saint

Comment

1) Half-Life is an overburn for those outside the US. For me it was a straight copy using CDRWIN. The backup I made works fine.

2) I get about 30 to 40 FPS with HL on my G400 MAX using OpenGL at 1024x768. I didn't see a difference between 16 and 32 bit color, so I left it at 16 bit color. It's plenty bright for me.

3) I can run at 1152x864, but for some reason it slows down in multiplayer at times. I think that's the network connection to the server slowing down, but I'm not positive. Anywho, 1024x768 is fine for multi for me. And I'm runing OpenGL now, not D3D.

The G400 MAX dropped my CPU temp from 57 to 47 degrees C. For that alone, it was worth it. Add in V2 performance, and the gain of two or three PCI slots, and it's a worthy card.

------------------
                      Primary System: PIII-540 (450@4.5x120), Soyo 6BA+ III, 256MB PC100 ECC SDRAM, G400 MAX in multi-monitor mode. Two Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 900u monitors, 3Com 3C905, SoundBlaster 32, Altec Lansing AC5 spkrs, 2nd Parallel Port, WD AC41800 18GB HD, WD AC310100 10GB HD, Toshiba XM-6102b CD-ROM, HP 8100i CD-RW, Epson Stylus Pro, Sharp JX-9400 LJ-II compatible, OptiUPS PowerES 650, MS SideWinder Precision Pro USB joystick, Logitech 3-button mouse, Mitsumi keyboard, Win98 SE, Belkin OmniCube 4-port KVM

Secondary System: PII-266, Asus P2B BIOS 1008, 128MB PC100 ECC SDRAM, Millennium II, 3Com 3C590, ADSL Modem 640kbit down/90kbit up, 3Com 3C509, Mylex BT-930 SCSI card, Seagate 2GB Hawk, NEC 6x CD-ROM, Linux distro S.u.S.E. 6.1 (IP Masquerade works!)

Tertiary System: DFI G568IPC Intel 430HX chipset, P200MMX, 96MB of non-parity RAM, Millennium II, 3Com 3C900, SoundBlaster 16 MCD, Fujitsu 3.5GB HD, WD 1.2GB HD, Hollywood Plus DVD decoder card, Toshiba 6x DVD-ROM, OS of the week

All specs subject to change.
                      The pessimist says: "The glass is half empty."
                      The optimist says: "The glass is half full."
                      The engineer says: "I put half of my water in a redundant glass."

Comment

Working...
                      X