No announcement yet.

video with variable framerate: cutting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video with variable framerate: cutting?

Hello,

I would like to cut a video that was recorded from Google Meet. The video as a result has a variable framerate, and so far the software I tried for cutting it first converts it to a fixed framerate. This hugely increases the filesize, but as the clips are intended to put online, leaving it as variable framerate would be just fine.

Any suggestions for tools that can cut such a video? I just need to be able to cut from time A to time B, no need for more complicated things.

Thanks!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

IMO just import audio and video separately and then restrict quality on export.

Comment

Problem is that that converts the video to fixed framerate... Due to its current variable framerate, it is a very small file. I'm worried that first converting it to a fixed framerate and then recompressing it will result in a bigger file with worse quality... Especially as I just need to clip some pieces, so there should be no need to re-encode everything.

The audio at the moment is more or less in sync (it has some issues, but those stem from the source rather than synchronization), so there is no issue with the source file...
      pixar

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
        Problem is that that converts the video to fixed framerate... Due to its current variable framerate, it is a very small file. I'm worried that first converting it to a fixed framerate and then recompressing it will result in a bigger file with worse quality... Especially as I just need to clip some pieces, so there should be no need to re-encode everything.

The audio at the moment is more or less in sync (it has some issues, but those stem from the source rather than synchronization), so there is no issue with the source file...
        It's a software problem - hard to sync audio to variable framerate and current mainstream NLEs seem not to support it.

I did a driving video for a friend and around 1Mbs (300MB for 10mins) was OK (720x1280 vertical)

Comment

I don't have to sync audio... I just need to clip the video... (it is a video from a google meet stream, the audio is unusable as it is, but the video is ok)
          I guess I'll just have to survive that the quality will go down a bit in clipping...
          pixar

Comment

Working...
          X