A plea for your thought and prayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A plea for your thought and prayers

Two nights ago (friday 5/20), my 19 year old son was sitting on a park bench by a playground, chatting with one of his best life-long friends.

While innocently hanging out with his buddy, a landscape pickup truck somehow lost control, jumped a curb, drove across 20-30 yards of lawn and plowed into the bench the boys were sitting on. Investigation is still ongoing.

My son's friend was fortunate. The truck hit him and threw him clear. He has bruised ribs and multiple strains. He was treated and released.

My son, however, was not so fortunate.
    He was pulled under the truck, which was somehow full throttle, and only stopped by the nearby playground equipment, where it's tires continued to spin, digging itself into the soft surface and crushing my boy under it.

He was airlifted to one of the best hospitals in the region, where he underwent emergency care and surgery.

He is still unconcious, and had a laundry list of injuries. Doctors can still not give any prognosis.

From feet up:
    Right femur fractured
    Pelvis fractured in 2 places
    Spleen has lvl4 (of 5) damage
    2 cracked ribs
    left lung collapesed and punctured
    fractured clavicle
    major head trauma, extent of brain damage as yet undetermined.

I have been in the hospital with him almost non-stop since friday night, after driving 4+ hours to get here as soon as I heard it happened (about 90 mins after).
    I was sent back to my hotel to get some rest.
    Giess what....I can't.

So I am here to ask for your prayers/positive energy/good thoughts. My son is a good kid, he did not deserve this. To be mowed down sitting on a park bench is beyond my worst nightmares.

Please pray for my son, Robert Husak.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kruzin; 22 May 2011, 22:51.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

I'm thinking hard for both your son and yourself.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Your son and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

with you in thought and soul

Comment

With you & yours too. Hang in there.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I just don't know what to say...other than, we are all thinking of you at this time and hoping for the best
            ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard, Intel Core i7 2600K CPU @ 4.3GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3 Ram, Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD, Western Digital Black 1TB SATA HDD, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB, Everything being driven by Windows 10 Professional (64Bit)...

Bored Yet?

Comment

My thoughts are with you and your family. Hoping for the best also.
              Stay Brave.
              PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
              Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
              +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

My thoughts and prayers will be for him too.
                Chuck
                秋音的爸爸

Comment

Kruzin,

I am really very sorry for this to have happend to your son. I do not know what else to say, wish I could make a difference. Please keep us posted when you can. Our thoughts are with your son, you, your family and friends.

Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                  [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with your son and your family Kruzin.

Comment

My thoughts are with you too Kruzin, as are those of anyone with children I think.
                      I'm crossing my fingers for your son and family, hoping your son's luck changes with the help of the good people at the hospital.
                      My prayers are with you.
                      "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your son.
                        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Sorry to hear about this... My thoughts also go out to you and your family...
                          pixar
                          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this. my thoughts are with you and your family
                            We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Wow. Speechless. Good luck & God bless.

Comment

Working...
                              X