VGA --> Scart = RGB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VGA --> Scart = RGB?

Hi, i've got this cable: vga -> scart. My few questions are, is this RGB output? I want to connect it to my G400(second head) and TV. I used to hook my amiga to my TV on a second scart connector and this worked great. And amiga output is RGB right? So, is there a chance this might work? Or can i damage anything if it's not an RGB output?
    For the G200 you could choose the kind of cable you were using, these options are gone now. So if it is an RGB cable, can i just plug it in?
    Nicap

[This message has been edited by Nicap (edited 31 January 2000).]
    AMD TB1,2 on a KT7-RAID, A201HT + 17", 396MB, Log. Itouch, G400-32DH, Plextwriter 12x4x32(SCSI), Ultraplex 32x(SCSI), Quantum LM plus 20GB, IBM 40GB, Maxtor 20GB

The cable has to have the same connections as the one here : http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/005719.html

(as I mention later in the thread) you have to also short pins 12 + 15 on the VGA plug to tell the G400 you want TV out.

If you go into the Dual head settings in the properties for Zoom/Clone/DVDMax there is an option for selecting the output Composite/SVideo/Scart RGB.

<misty eyed reminiscence> I used to use my amiga thru an RGB scart too, top notch picture</misty eyef reminiscence>

Comment

OK, i'll see if i can make such a cable. I can't open up the cable i've got now, it's "original". But before i make a cable, can you tell me about the quality of the picture?
      Is it better than composite and s-vhs, or isn't it worth the trouble?

Nicap
      AMD TB1,2 on a KT7-RAID, A201HT + 17", 396MB, Log. Itouch, G400-32DH, Plextwriter 12x4x32(SCSI), Ultraplex 32x(SCSI), Quantum LM plus 20GB, IBM 40GB, Maxtor 20GB

Comment

If we wanna use some votes about video quality of different connection...

Composite: 4
        S-Video : 7
        RGB : 9

I'm already using RGB cable, and picture quality is near perfect.

cya.

Comment

Ok, i managed to get the shell off the VGA plug, and connected pin 12 to pin 15. But when i turn on DVD-max, i get no picture. And also there are no options to choose between RGB, S-vhs and composite. Did i do something wrong?

Nicap

Comment

I know that the resolution of s-video is higher than composite - but what about RGB?

Comment

Working...
            X