Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter weather...

How are you guys in the US managing?
    We are seeing quite some stories and images of winter-weather from your side of the Atlantic.

Belgium is forecasted to have an unprecedented 15 degrees Celsius on New Year's eve, and here in Poland all snow has melted and temperatures should also be above 0 Celsius...
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

No reply - must be all snowed in.

Comment

Yes... I guess the halls are decked with snow...
      pixar

Comment

One hopes they're alright on that side of the pond.
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Yes, a bit worrying it stays so silent form their side...

Meanwhile, Warsaw broke the high-temperature record: at midnight on New Year's eve, it was 15 degrees C. On New Year's day it was 19 degrees C... Both the hottest on record...
          pixar

Comment

Isn't it?
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Still no-one from the other side....
              pixar

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
                Still no-one from the other side....
                Dilitante replied, so it's not like reality and timelines split.

Comment

True, I forgot...
                  pixar

Comment

I know I am quite forgettable Storm that just passed through my state started with an inch+ of snow then 1-2 inches of rain after as it blew out to sea
                    Very odd winter this year as it is 51F outside today
                    Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Originally posted by Dilitante1 View Post
                      I know I am quite forgettable
                      Oops... I meant that I forgot you live in the US...
                      But glad to hear you are ok.
                      pixar

Comment

In Michigan we're having a mild early winter, which isn't necessarily good because we need a hard freeze for certain crops to have a good yield and most of the aphid and other pest eggs to be killed. Looks like we'll get it later this week with snow and freezing temperatures predicted.

The worst part of our winter is usually February through March... and sometimes into April. In 2014/2015 we had wind chill temperatures of almost -48°F and the Great Lakes were about 98% frozen over. Large ice caves formed along the coast of Lake Superior.
                        Dr. Mordrid
                        ----------------------------
                        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Great to hear from you!
                          pixar

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
                            Great to hear from you!
                            Nice to be typing, that bug I had was murder. Dehydrated, electrolytes went to hell, etc. It's taken 3 weeks to recover.
                            Dr. Mordrid
                            ----------------------------
                            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Good you're back.

Here February is warmer than December and in March there is already spring. Different from USA, I remember when I was in NYC in March it was freezing cold and US guys said winter lasts until end of March.

Comment

Working...
                              X