Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIP: Grant Imahara dies at 49 (Mythbusters)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP: Grant Imahara dies at 49 (Mythbusters)

Brain aneurysm

Grant Imahara, Host of 'MythBusters' and 'White Rabbit Project,' Dies at 49

Grant Imahara, an electrical engineer and roboticist who hosted the popular science show MythBusters and Netflix's White Rabbit Project, has died. He was 49.

Imahara died suddenly following a brain aneurysm, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. "We are heartbroken to hear this sad news about Grant. He was an important part of our Discovery family and a really wonderful man. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family," a representative for Discovery said in a statement on Monday.

An electrical engineer and roboticist by training, he joined Discovery's MythBusters in its third season, replacing Scottie Chapman and was with the show until 2014 when he left with with co-hosts Kari Byron and Tory Belleci. The trio would reunite in 2016 for Netflix's White Rabbit Project which lasted for one season. On MythBusters, Imahara used his technical expertise to design and build robots for the show and also operated the computers and electronics needed to test myths.
    >
    On Monday evening, Imahara's MythBusters and White Rabbit Project co-host Byron tweeted, "Sometimes I wish I had a time machine," and included a picture with Imahara and Belleci.

Later on Monday, Mythbusters co-host Adam Savage also tweeted: "I’m at a loss. No words. I’ve been part of two big families with Grant Imahara over the last 22 years. Grant was a truly brilliant engineer, artist and performer, but also just such a generous, easygoing, and gentle PERSON. Working with Grant was so much fun. I’ll miss my friend."
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps
Working...
X