PD5 breaks light flares in q3test?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PD5 breaks light flares in q3test?

Just wondering if anybody else has the light flares working in q3test with the new icd. I have installed the new drivers <a href="http://forums.gagames.com/forums/Forum109/HTML/001840.html">the right way</a> and re-installed q3test, but still no light flares.
    it kinda sucks cause i was bragging about how good they looked on my g200 (when using icd b2) to my voodoo3-loving friend.

((stereo))

By default light flares are not on in Q3Test, try with:

r_flares 1

Regards,
    "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

I understand that the flares are off by default.

The problem is that r_flares 1 or r_flares 0 produces the same result -- no light flares.

In 16 or 32 bit.

In all resolutions.

With every texture quality setting.

With dynamic lighting on or off...it doesn't matter.

No Light Flares.

WTF? It looked great with the beta2 icd.

This is very frustrating because I am very thorough with all aspects of my system...especially driver installation. Let's not even get into my quake I/II/III configs

Regardless, I feel that I can safely conclude that something is ****ed up on my end if there is at least one person that has this feature working *and* is using PD5.13

((stereo))

Comment

Are you referring to Q3test2?

I saw this on a bunch of TNT2's and Banshee's and guess what? No lightflares there either.

I guess it's a problem related to quake3 test2

regards,

Comment

ms, I'm having the same problem here. I think the problem is with PD5. My Voodoo friends are braging also. ;{

-LoGIc

Comment

At the time of the post I was refering to the first q3test.

Does it work on q3test #2? I wouldn't know since I am now the proud owner of a TNT2 Ultra.

To all of you who are still sitting around waiting for the G200 (and I would bet anything the G400 as well) to reach an acceptable level of performance,

You Are Wasting Your Time.

The TNT2 just works. Perfectly. And any driver updates are improvements on working technology. I triple boot 98, NT, and Linux and within one day I was playing Q3Test in ALL THREE OPERATING SYSTEMS at absolutely ridiculous frame rates.

This will NEVER be the case with any of Matrox's products because you must wait...

Now before all of you Matrox evangelists get bent out of shape, understand that I have paid my dues. I had the G200 in my otherwise beefed system since September of 1998.

Since then I have been waiting.

Waiting for the card that I thought I purchased way back in September to magically appear in the form of a complete ICD. Waiting for little drips of news from the mouths of Matrox. Waiting Waiting Waiting. If there's one word that can sum up the vibe in this forum, it would be Waiting.

The Time Is Always Now. And this is especially true in the computer industry.

Don't be fooled a second time!!!

((stereo))

Comment

Has anyone solved this problem yet? PD5+G400+Q3test = No Light Flares!!

Comment

Working...
              X