WinNT Quake2 new ICD for G200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WinNT Quake2 new ICD for G200

Anybody been able to get this combo to work?

Yes. NT 4 Workstation SP5 does run Q2 with the new drivers. Looks nice, but it's notably slower than Q2 on Windoze 9x.

cu,
    Jupp
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Comment

Hmm I cant get this one to work.

I got SP5, but when I try to set my q2 to opengl it just tries to change the driver from software to opengl and freezes up.

Also got Bios 1.29 or something on the card.
      I will try to upgrade that next, but anybody got any ideas?

Comment

If you are using DX5 for NT, go back to DX3. That's helped several ppl....
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Well I tried to upgrading to SP5 but to no help.

When I try to switch to OpenGL it say that ref_gl.dll cant open opengl32.

Now there is a standard opengl32.dll in system32 and I tried to replace it with a renamed version of the ICD, but NO!

Any good ideas?

Comment

Okay its working now, dont know how I did it but it works atleast.

Altough it doesnt work in FULLSCREEN mode if I run my desktop in its usual 1024x768 mode and try to run Q2 in 640x480 mode or anything less than 1024x768.

But if I change it to windowed or my desktop resolution to 640x480 it works, altough its EXTREMELY slow, its way slower than when I run Q2 in software.

Anybody got any bright ideas?

Comment

I'd like to mention in this thread that Matrox's OpenGL under NT does NOT work properly on dual CPU machines. Performance is even slower, and the game characters have massive pieces missing.

Use the /onecpu parameter in boot.ini, and performance is significantly better (though it still isn't good enough) and the missing pieces of the game characters appear.

Boy do they need to do some more work on this!

bye,
              Norman

Comment

Working...
              X