EMBM a Myth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMBM a Myth

Obviously it's not. I would like to hear from people who have a game that can be bought right now, which shows off EMBM. Just in case nobody has, leave a message like Not Me.

- DJ
    My Packurd bell 166Megahurtz runnin at 233 on a ABIT ITH5 muther board,
    128MB EDO ECC RAM and a hole bunch of other cool stuff.

look here:

http://www.matrox.com/g400/3d_gaming/bump/home.htm

------------------
    Cheerio,
    Maggi

I used to have some posts in my record and hopefully some of the guys 'n' girls will still know me and my system ...
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Isn't Drakan out in the US yet???

If not - I guess there are no shipping RETAIL games with built in EMBM - but plenty of games with upcoming patches, and games to ship soon with EMBM support...

Comment

I see all the games that are going to support it or are soon to be released. It seems to me that not one game on that list that is currently out really supports it. We're waiting for a patch here and a release there but we get nothing for now.

- DJ

Comment

Its a good thing to see that I am not the only person who does not like patches or upgrading versions. EMBM support out of the box is definantly something that would change your mind about the game.

And Yes, those EMBM are correct, but seeing screenshots and playing with those are totally different. If used correctly it makes the game 10x what it was. If its not, like Expendable, will just be pointless! That game is not a jetski game contrary to popular belief, so why bump map the water? I think it was the only way to get that sorry game any publicity.
          What the hell are we doing in the middle of the desert?

Comment

Well it seems to me that since the G400 is the first card to actually support EMBM, naturally games conceived and designed before it was in the offing *wouldn't* have it...why go to the trouble to design for a feature no one supported??

Now that it's here, designers are starting to use it, that's all....am I missing something?

------------------
            Holly

Who put her V2 in her roomie's PC, because her own Soyo 5EMA, K6-2 333 not o/c, 256MB PC100 , Millennium G200 8MB SGRAM, Win98 finally works plenty good enough...'til she's saved the moolah for the G400/Athlon rig, anyway [drool, pant, drool... ]

[This message has been edited by motub (edited 07-22-99).]
            Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
            -Jay Bulworth

Comment

Missing a bit, Matrox works with these companies to ensure the feature will be supported at time of release. The point is they keep telling us games support it, but they don't. Not yet. They need a coming soon list rather then a supported list.

- DJ

Comment

Working...
              X