Heavy Gear II no water/w G400 MAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy Gear II no water/w G400 MAX

For some odd reason there is no viewable water while playing Heavy Gear II with my G400 MAX I'm using the latest drivers, I called Matrox and they took it down and said they would look into it. Also Jane's Fleet Command also has many graphical anomalies apearin throughtout the game. The G400 Max has been awesome for D3D games but I have to admit I'm somewhat dissapointed in the drivers as far as game support, Rogue Squadron doesnt work right, Nor does M1 Tank Platoon II, if a game supports D3D than why does the G400 have problems with this. Just my two cents.

I have tested all those games except Rogue Squadron (It's their issue) and they all ran fine without problems with 5.13 and G400 Max. I have been testing Heavy Gear 2 for over year and since then we've been making sure it runs flawlesly with our cards. As far as Fleet Command, where exactly did you see the graphical anomalies, same with M1 Tank Platoon 2?

Thanks,

------------------
    "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

"The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

R0M,

I previously had a Diamond Ultra TNT2 installed and had played all of the above mentioned games and they worked great, I wonder if there is old residual elements of drivers still in my pc, I just dowt know how to get rid of them. In HG2 for instance when I see water in the game it's so transparent that you actually cant even see it at all though when you walk through it moves and shows a little color. Mechwarrior 3 just refuses to boot every so often I get an error and I have to restart my computer. M1 Tank Platoon 2 looks as if is not recognizing the G400 at all and will reun in software mode only. Fleet Command the mouse doesnt work during the game, only way you can select a unit is to lasso it also when switching menus the game starts duplicating windows up to a point where the game becomes unplayable. I really do think its more than likely on my end, with some old drivers in my computer I've previously had installed on my pc: TNT2 Ultra, G100, Metabyte 12MB Voodoo2, STB Velocity TNT 4400, so some where there is a driver confliction more than likely though R0M I do not know how to correct this, do you have any suggestions. Also I know the G400 is using the same IRQ as my Monster MX300 Sound Card, though doubt that matters any. Have tried reinstalling the G400 Drivers and still this has not corrected the problems Im having.

Comment

1. Boot into Safe mode, check device manager for extra entries in the display adapter area.

2. Go into the registry, kill any keys or chains or entries that have nvidia, etc. on them.

3. Run the powerdesk uninstaller.

4. Get the machine running stable through a reboot with the "Standard PCI VGA Adapter".

5. Install powerdesk 5.13

That ought to do it. If not, you have major conflicts elsewhere. And the G400 DEFINITELY hates to share IRQ's... you may need to physically move the MX300 to a different slot, depending on your motherboard.

BTW, you're not overclocking, are you?

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Gurm,

I tried to do as you mentioned in your post, I went to standard VGA took out most of what I thought my be the problems in the registry, ie., I did find some older files such as the STB Velocity 4400 and Metabyte Wicked 3D elements after taking them out I thought I would be all clear. I rebooted loaded 5.13 for my G400 and same problems. Just dont get it, I never seen a video card as touchy as this one. Im going to switch my MX300 to different port (IRQ), doubt that will do much. I have not overclocked my card, figured this unstable last thing I needed top try is OC it, hahaha! Do you think it might be a good ideal to literally erase every D3D and Direct Draw file in my pc out and reinstall, I hate to think the inevitable on reformatting HD, one shouldnt have to do this inorder to get this damn G400 running correctly. If you have any suggestions please let me know, thanks for your reply.

------------------

Comment

Actually I think the shared IRQ is likely your problem. Some devices aren't so finicky, but I don't think the MX300 is one of them.

Comment

Working...
            X