Unreal D3D patch for G200 .. anyone ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal D3D patch for G200 .. anyone ?

Just wondering if anyone still has this patch which was intended to run unreal D3D on the G200 only .. yeah .. i know it's a bit old .. but it seemes to be the only one to work OK on my system ... i had a hard disk crash and lost many files including this one .. i believe the file is removed from unreal download page as the link is there .. but the file isn't !! and it's not in thier archives neither.
    The file name is UnrealD3DG200v02.zip .. if anyone still has this file could u plz tell me a working link to get this file .. or better you can email it to :
    m_ahmed27@hotmail.com .. it's a small file .. but i can't find it anywhere .. thanx in advance

------------------
    GigaByte 6BXE, celeron 300A@464, 128 PC100 RAM,
    G200 8 M SD @112.5 core. driver 4.51, bios 2.3.

GigaByte 6BXC, celeron300A@450, 128 Ram, G200 8M SD

chrispy .. i know about the new 225 patch ..but i was asking about an older patch ( released last year or earlier this year maybee ). that patch is for the G200 only and it makes it run in D3D mode. Somehow it gives me the best results ..
    maybee someone still has this file ..it's about 600-800 k ( UnrealD3DG200v02.zip )which i can't find anywhere

------------------

Comment

Hi,

The patches can be found in most Unreal sites. You can check out: unreal.epicgames.com, or PlanetUnreal to get
      the latest patch...I believe it is 225 now.

Also remember to enable D3D in the Advance Options.

Hope this helps.

-chrispy

Comment

Hi,

The patches can be found in most Unreal sites. You can check out: unreal.epicgames.com, or PlanetUnreal to get
        the latest patch...I believe it is 225 now.

Also remember to select D3D as the engine in the Advance Options.

Hope this helps.

-chrispy

Comment

Here you go...

the page (with some readme stuff)

http://www.unreal.com/downloads/main.html

and the file:

http://downloads.unreal.com/UnrealD3DG200v02.zip

(Yeah, I'm good... )

I didn't even know about this...are you using the 5.13 drivers (the kinda readme says one should use 4.26(!?!) with this *beta* patch)

I'd love to hear the results w/PD5.13 if you are using it...

------------------
          Holly

Who can now put her V2 in her roomie's PC, because now her own Soyo 5EMA, K6-2 333 not o/c, 256MB PC100 , Millennium G200 8MB SGRAM, Win98 works plenty good enough 'til she's saved the moolah for the G400/Athlon rig [drool, pant, drool... ]

[This message has been edited by motub (edited 07-22-99).]
          Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
          -Jay Bulworth

Comment

hmmmm
            404 - Object Not Found !!
            thanx anyway .. but if u read my 1st post .. i said that this link exists but the file is not there anymore .. u click on it .. u get nothing !!
            and nope .. i'm not using the 5.13 drivers cause i had some problems with the monitor settings tab not showing up .. and yes i did a fresh install of winblows 98 and 95, the same !!

------------------

Comment

Let's try it again, then, shall we?

ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/unreal/planetunreal/patches/unreal_d3d_v02.zip

You will be able to get it; I tested it.

I'm not sure that you can dl directly from this link though, so open this URL in a new window..

ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/unreal/planetunreal/patches/

and then just dl the file.
              Holly

[This message has been edited by motub (edited 07-22-99).]
              Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
              -Jay Bulworth

Comment

Ok .. thank you all for your help .. i just did an ftp search at ftpsearch.lycos.com and got 3 different sites and finally got the file Grrrrrrr .. !!
                a mere 61 k dld !!
                Motub .. your doin ur homework really good
                and damn ur fast !! the file just ended and i saw ur post .. thanx alot for the effort .. anyways .. i'll tell u about how it runs
                later

------------------

Comment

Oh .. and i almost forgot .. you shouldn't type the first " ftp:// " cause Netscape adds an HTTP:// in fornt of it and the link is not directly accessable.
                  http://ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/unreal/planetunreal/patches/unreal_d3d_v02.zip ...
                  that's what u get when u cklick on it !!
                  and how did u get that ftp.cdrom.com link .. i searched alot at ftp.cdrom.com .. and found nothin ... hmmm .. u beated me LOL

------------------

[This message has been edited by arbymo (edited 07-22-99).]

Comment

hey, arbymo, glad to help...thanks for the tip about how the BBS handles url's..that's good to know.

As far as finding the link, I find cdrom.com to be so well organized, and they have *everything* in their /pub folder...I admit that it was a lucky stroke to think to check the /planetunreal mirror folder---'cause it wasn't in /unreal/patches...guess I'm just an internet filehound

Holly
                    Holly

-Jay Bulworth

Comment

Working...
                    X