Half-Life and jerky vid - sometimes sound stuttering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half-Life and jerky vid - sometimes sound stuttering

I'm kinda embarrassed to post this, because I've seen this posted a couple of times, but I always thought, "it would never happen to me." But now that I went to the G200 PD 5.13 drivers, "it" happened. I wiped it with the uninstaller (deleted some reg stuff - seems it doesn't do a complete job of doing that), reinstalled the old 4.51 drivers, and... TADA... it didn't help.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Bill
    People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...

What kind of hardware do you have (Especially sound card)? Also, what software are you running? Jerky sound is one thing, but if it's slow in general, my first guess is that there is something running in the background.

Wombat

------------------
    503+ rev 1.2a, 128MB PC100 RAM, K6-2/350@400,RH6 & Win98,G200 Millenium (SGRAM), no plans to buy a G400

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

You might want to turn off the high quality sound in the audio options, the same thing with the slugish video happend to me too. Even though I have a Monster Fusion and a PIII 450!!! So turn that bugger off!!!!!!! That might help the choppyness and the sound problem....
      Easy to overlook....

Comment

I had a similar problem with video and sound stuttering even though I had not changed my video drivers. I have my hard drive partitioned into two logical drives. I installed the Populous demo on C: and later installed the full game on D:. Last night I finally uninstalled the demo on C: and the stuttering seems to be gone.

Bill, I doubt this is your problem, but you might look through your programs to see if you have a demo and the real thing on different drives. I guess Windows hates getting info from two different locations.
        AMD K6III-450; Epox EP-MVP3G5; G400DH32; Maxtor 10gig UDMA66; 128meg PC100; Aureal SQ2500 sound; PCI Modem Blaster; Linksys 10/100 NIC; Mag 800V 19"; AL ACS54 4 speaker sound; Logitech wireless mouse; Logitech Wingman Extreme (great for lefties)

Comment

Working...
        X