Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to run NFS II SE in 3dfx mode with Xgl200?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to run NFS II SE in 3dfx mode with Xgl200?

I have borrowed Need for speed II Special Edition from a friend and I am just curious to run it hardware acelerated. I can remember that this "SE" edition supported glide, and the Xgl200 0.04a does the job fine. But I can´t see no option in the game to use 3dfx, no shortcut, nothing. I put all Xgl200 files in the game directory, even in windows\system folder, and it always run in software mode.

Am I missing something here? Do I need a patch or something?

Thanks.

u should have 2 exec. in the game dir. .. one for normal nfs and the other for glide nfs .
    use the file Nfs2sea.exe ..good luck

------------------
    GigaByte 6BXE, celeron 300A@464, 128 PC100 RAM,
    G200 8 M SD @112.5 core. driver 4.51, bios 2.3.

GigaByte 6BXC, celeron300A@450, 128 Ram, G200 8M SD

Comment

hi Nuno .. have fun ..
      it's not a big deal though .. somehow too dark .. also the games menus are very slow ..or is it just me ??
      i did try it with unreal too ... it gives me an error and doesn't start .. strange !!

------------------
      GigaByte 6BXE, celeron 300A@464, 128 PC100 RAM,
      G200 8 M SD @112.5 core. driver 4.51, bios 2.3.

GigaByte 6BXC, celeron300A@450, 128 Ram, G200 8M SD

Comment

Hi there

Yup, the menus are painfully slow... but it works anyway...

Yes, NFSII is very outdated, no fun in playing it, I was just curious to get it working in glide mode.
        It won´t work in unreal too, but no need for glide, d3d in 225f is sort of OK.

A bit depressed today, should have a G400 in my rig for now, but is delayed

Comment

Hi arbymo

Thanks a lot. That file was on the cd, but strangely enough, it was not installed in the game dir. So I copyied it from the cd and all is fine now. Glide games with my g200, who would tell

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X