Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re: G200 and Powerstrip GX

Hi

I tried using the new Powerstrip Performance Tuner video card overclocking software from Entech. The default clock speed of my G200 SD PCI card is 112 MHz, and as soon as I increase it all and try to run Quake II, the computer hangs while loading this game.

Has anyone had success in using this software, which claims to be set up for the G200? The basic Powerstrip used to screw up any games that I tried to run on my old m3D as well...even though it supposedly stored 'optimal' configuration settings for this card.

Powerstrip is NOT good program for overclocking. Try G200clk, its way better and it even works;-)

Micko

Comment

How much did you increase the clock ?

------------------
      Cheers,
      Maggi

I'll be on holyday for the coming three weeks an I miss you folks already ;-)
      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
      Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
      be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
      4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
      2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
      OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
      4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
      Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
      Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
      LG BH10LS38
      LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Thanks for the advice! The only reason I tried to use the Powerstrip GX was that it was an easy-to-use,Windows-based program.

A friend showed me how to set up G200clk, and it works great! I was able to change the PLL clock to 210 MHz, with no problems in Quake II (ver. 3.20), but Quake 3 showed lots of funny dots, so I had to slow it down to 190 to get rid of them.

End result? With my Celeron 300A overclocked to 450 MHz (Abit BH6, BIOS jj), I got 39.3 fps in Quake II at 640x480, Matrox BIOS 5.13, Windows 98.

Also, instead of placing a shortcut to the batch file to run g200clk, I just use a shortcut on my desktop, and only run it when playing games that need it.

...Wasyl

Comment

Working...
        X