attention KRUZZIN AND ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attention KRUZZIN AND ROM

MY NEW G400 IS RUNNING LIKW CRAP IT IS ONLY GETTING 41 FPS ON UNREAL AT 800X600 RUNNING ON A 581 WITH 128 MEGS OF RAM.I HAVE THE 5.13
    DRIVERS.I HAVE TRIED THE Z BUFFER AND OTHER SETTINS PLEASE TELL ME THIS AINT RIGHT MY TNT/1 SMOKES THIS.OPENGL UNREALI SWORSE THAN THAT

Try using D3D. Unreal's OpenGL support is not that good and never has been.

Comment

41 FPS? THAT´S A GOOD SCORE, THE CANOPLUS SPECTRA 5400 TNT2 *ULTRA* DOES 44.3 FPS AT 800X600X16 AND 42.0 FPS AT 800X600X32 IN A CELERON 450. SO NOTHING´S WRONG WITH YOUR CARD.
      HTTP://WWW.SG-GAMING.COM/HARDWARE/RE...400/PAGE5.HTML

(It´s kinda annoying to read stuff in caps, don´t you think so?)

[This message has been edited by Nuno (edited 07-17-99).]

Comment

Try using D3D. Unreal's OpenGL support is not that good and never has been.

Comment

sorry about caps guys but i think you are wrong about the card i pulled out my tnt/1 v550 running 55fps in the timedemo everything on.and put in the matrox boom 41 fps.the matrox is clocked way higher its bandwith should be able to take more advantage of the 581.worse case senerio it shout outperform the old tnt/1 in d3d.thats what these benches are you dont want to know it opengl scores!!!!!!!somethnig has to be way wrong man it should at least do the same!!where does one turn off/on eviromental bump mapping and all that stuff?

Comment

What version of Unreal?

What does it score at 1024x768 compared to the tnt it replaced? 1152x864? 1280?

640 and 800 are not the cards strong point. That's been knows for some time. In many games I actually see an increase in speed when I go from 800 to 1024, and often little or no difference from 1024 to 1152.

I don't even have Unreal installed on my machine, so I have no specific pointers for that one...
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

How come did you managed to get 51 fps with a tnt1? What unreal version do you have? Wich settings? I really find that number a little hard to believe (at least with unreal default settings), even in a PII?III? @ 581 Mhz.
              If you care to see the site I linked to (one of the few that reviews cards and shows unreal timedemos) you´ll see that even a voodoo3 2000 in glide(I suppose) doesn´t score more than 45.7 fps at that res (in a cel 450 that is).

Well, two things you should know by now:
              - The G400 (at least at the present) is not a good performer in lower resolutions. It starts to catch up with the others at 1024 and above.
              - Unreal is a Glide game, and even that half-decent hacking they call D3D is very very fine tuned for the TNT´s. See unreal.epicgames to see it.

So for a start, see the performance other people is getting with the G400 (Try firingsquad, anandtech, sharkyextreme, but keep in mind these numbers were with previous drivers) compare it with your system (now I talk about it, you should have posted ypur system specs, the drivers you are using...) and then see if you have a performance problem or is just the G400 being as it is.

In my opinion, unreal is not a very good benchmark, for the reasons I stated above. But still, 41 fps at that res, it´s preety much what I would be expecting.

Comment

Oops, didn´t saw Kruzin´s post. But basically the same ideas.

PS: I have Unreal and a G400 is on it´s way. Should come next week, I will benchmark it in my celery 450 and post some results.

Comment

ok heres the beef im running a 581 celeron im running the 5.13 drivers although i dont know why they call them that the display and mini-vdd 4.11.01.1130.and im running unreal version 225.and i get 55 fps/the only thing i have off is volumetric lighting for multiplayer!now thats with the tnt overclocked to 105/120.now i put my best friends v3 3000 in and it got 88 in timedemo with volumetric lighting off.now i understand the glide issue but the new generation higher clocked widerbandwithed,super d3d optimized card should be at least as fast.im curious about one thing even though i dont know how to use it g200clk reports my card is set at 166/ then the gclk= fo/2.0 (89.93)
                  mclk= " "" "" ""
                  wclk=" "" "" ""
                  does this mean my core clock is at 89.93 how do i move it up if it is.

Comment

Even so I keep finding these numbers a bit optimistic. Could you benchmark it as Kruzin said at 1024 and above? Here´s a reference from unreal.epicgames.com:
                    My new 550 MHz AMD Athlon (K7) just clocked a jaw-dropping 68.5 Unreal timedemo at 1024x768, running on a Voodoo3 3000 card. Even more telling, at no point did the frame rate ever drop below 38.0 fps. That's astounding, considering the intense lightmap and geometry usage in the timedemo level
                    Keep in mind K7 smokes even the PIII in Unreal and the V3 3000 is the fastest thing aroung to run unreal (glide).

And for the clock results, these are for sure innacurate. G200clk was never intended for the g400... use this instead:
                    http://grafi.ii.pw.edu.pl/gbm/matrox/G4SET.EXE

Comment

IM SOORY THAT NOONE BELIEVES ME ABOUT MY FPS BUT THATS WHAT THEY ARE IF ENABLE VOLUMETRIC LIGHTING IT DROPS TO AROUND WHAT YOU ARE COMING UP WITH.BUT THE POINT IS IT DOESNT DO WHAT IT SHOWS IN BENCHMARKS I WOULD HAVE NEVER PAID $175 DOLLORS FOR A CARD THAT WASNT AS FAST AS MY OLD SCHOOL TNT/1.ITS NOT JUST FRAMERATE ITS NOT PLAYABLE ITS TOO SLOW IT DROPPS BELOW 30 FPS
                      NOW I KNJOW WHAT KRUZZIN SAYING ABOUT THE HIGHER RES IT CATCHES UP TO OTHER HELL YEA V3AND TNT/2 IT SHOULD BE ABOVE MY DAMN TNT ANYWAY YOU SLICE IT.BUT WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IS THIS.THOSE VALUES WERE TAKED USING GSET4 I THINK I DIDNT MEAN TO PUT G200CLK.CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A COMMAND LINE FOR OVERCLOCKING TO GET ME STARTED PLEASE MAYBE THE SOB AINT SET UP RIGHT.30 FPS 800X600 IN KINGPIN WITH A 581 MHZ PROCESSOR.
                      THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS!!!I CAN USE ANYONES

Comment

GOD, QUIT YOUR INCESANT WHINING.

People are trying to help you, and all you do is piss and moan more.

I have seen your thread at Sharkeys as well (not to mention that extremly annoying e-mail you sent me). Everyone has told you the same damn thing at both forums. What, do you think we're lying to you about everything?

And do you think typing in all caps is helping? It hardly makes me want to offer my help if yer going to continue being a prick about it.

Now, that I know you have done something completely wrong, and underclocked your card somehow, I understand why you are having trouble.

Try it without overclocking. You don't know what you're doing. You've pushed your memory too far, and the dividers are out of whack. Your GCLk should be at 120 stock. You've slowed the card down with you novice attempt to overclock it.

Go to the MGA tools forum, and ask them how to do it. That's Liew's forum, he's the guy who makes G200clk. You and your crap attitude have already taken enough of my time.

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 07-17-99).]
                        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

well first of all i already apologized about the caps and i would like to thank everyone who has helped me so far even you.i didnt have to whine till i bought the matrox card.and yes i know nothing of matrox and its weird unlike anything else ive setup that was the first thing all my first post said.i think you could help me some considering you are the reason i purchased this card in the first place i have reason to ask you for help you and rom are supposed to be the most knowledgable people with these cards and i thought the way you were plugging for matrox that you would help.now i dont think everyone's lieing but i have seen the bechmark results for d3d it should be above a tnt/1 and everyone knows that they are not very far off the tnt/2's.so something is wrong with my card or my setup and instead of getting the first bit of help (no one has told me even how to start to clock it back or bios setting or anything)you are all trashing me.hmmm i thought you to be a pretty straight up guy and i liked your approaches to the fps on your threads(ie lets just enjoy playing high visual quality games and quit working about 3 fps)it was resfreshing to say the least and if i could have done that with the card you advertise i would have never asked you or anyone else for help.

Comment

SORRY FOR WRITING THIS IN CAPS TOO. AND THIS FOR THAT MATTER.
                            P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Heyviolentwhynotdontworryaboutanypunctuationatalle venspacesmakesitevenhardertoreadthenjustwithoutful lstops
                              Try a P3, instead of a Celeron, and you'll see a difference!

Comment

Working...
                              X