G400 and Aliens VS Predator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 and Aliens VS Predator

Help, all other games run just fine, but AvP refuses to work properly, everything looks fine, right up until I start an atula game, when it switches to hardware mode. It actually looks really wierd, all white rectangles, but nothing else is actually visible, and of course is completely unplayable. Anyone got any ideas? I have re-installed from scratch, altered my desktop resolution and colour depth, altered the resolution that AvP is to use, but nothing works.

Should be fixed in an upcoming patch from Fox, it's a known issue...

Regards,

------------------
    "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

"The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

Tried the patch, made no difference at all! A quick check through the forums of AvP sites indicate that this is not unusual with the game, seems as buggy as all hell!

Comment

Sorry to hound the issue, but has anyone out there in Matrox land got this game to work?!

Comment

Apperas to work fine on a G-200.

One thing I did notice is that the game seems to provide the Video Card support, as it identifys exactly which 3D card you are using, so much so, it picks my G-200 as a G-200A.

If they have no support for a G-400 (which wouldn't surprise me) then you are SOL.

Sorry can't help more.

Comment

Quantum i think rom is refering to a patch that has yet to be released. not the save game patch that is out. i have the same problem g400 don't work with avp.

------------------
            its here now only if avp worked. but hey mech 3 looks great.

noel

Comment

Hey Quantum,
              Good news got the patch today and works great on G400 at 1024x768x32. I also got the ok from them to release it, so with luck i might be able to get it out tomorrow or friday, stay tuned...

------------------

Comment

rom can you e-mail itto us???

merchant2112@earthlink.net (ya i like rush)

------------------
                its here now only if avp worked. but hey mech 3 looks great.

noel

Comment

You can get it through our <a href='mailto:graph_ts@matrox.com'>technical support</a>

------------------

[This message has been edited by R0M (edited 07-15-99).]

Comment

Got it, thanks, I'll try it tonight, and report back!
                    Oh yeah, the recent forum crash took my old password with it, and the email address had also changed, so I'm now a sequal!
                    ------------------
                    Life is a ride, Like days on a train,
                    Cities rush by, like ghosts in the night.

[This message has been edited by Quantum2 (edited 07-16-99).]

Comment

You can also download them from <a href=" http:\\www.g200.com">MURC's G200</a> or the <a href="httP:\\www.murc.ws">MURC</a>

Have fun people!

------------------
                      Phil (MURC's G200 : WWW.G200.COM)

[This message has been edited by Phil MURC (edited 07-16-99).]

Comment

Got AvP, got the patches, and it runs great!
                        No problem, even at 1280 * 1024 * 32
                        and I only have the G400 - 16MB......

------------------
                        G400-16MB, Abit BX6 rev2, 96 MB, 6.4 GB Hdd (3x), Pent. II 350 Mhz
                        Abit BX6 Rev 2.0, 96 MB, Matrox G400 32 MB DH, Intel PIII ~ 527Mhz, SBLive! - LiveWare 3.0,
                        3 x 6.4 Gb Hdd's, Adaptec 2940UA SCSIcard

Comment

Working...
                        X