Q3Test + G400 + 32Bit???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q3Test + G400 + 32Bit???

Does any one know why the G400SH runs 32bit in q3test in CGA (4 color) and ALL to the left. (Half Screen) 16bits seems to to work fine but 32bit runs CGA+Half. Help!!

System config is SS7 K6-2/400 + 128 PC100

when in 32 bit mode, minimize your window then go back to full screen, see if this fixes it.
    Matt

------------------
    Is this some kind of bust?
    Yes, it's very impressive.

Comment

Tried that, Same thing. I'm wondering if its my P5A, I can't seem to get the G400 running in AGP 2X.

Comment

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and give... the same answer I always give to SS7 folks:

Get a real chipset.

Ok, that having been said, try:

1. Get the latest BIOS patch from ALI, VIA, or your motherboard manufacturer.
        2. Get the latest DRIVERS for the IDE, AGP, etc. from your mobo manufacturer, or wherever.
        3. Go into the BIOS, and fiddle with:

- video bios caching
        - video shadowing
        - video ram caching
        - agp speeds
        - burst write combining (or whatever it's called on an SS7)

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Any time you want to change any options, make the game run in a window. Then change the options you want, then go back to full screen.

I saw the same thing you are seeing, but doing it like this, I don't see it any more...
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

It's a known bug, but there are bugs priorities right now, i am sure it will be attacked soon. The simple thing to do right now is exit and launch it again, since it will save the settings. If your screen gets totally out of whack, go to the console and type quit then run it again.

------------------
            "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

"The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

Yep, That did it R0M. I set it to 32Bit, exit the game, then went back in. Is this being addressed in the next driver release?

[This message has been edited by LoGIc (edited 07-15-99).]

Comment

Gurm,

Will the matroxG400max work fine on a intel440BX chipset?

Comment

Hey Eddy504,
                  I have a Intel SE440BX mobo and have had no problems with the Retail G400 32MB.

Paul

------------------
                  PII450, SE440BX, 192MB PC100, MILL G400-32MB on BNC, Quantum3D Obsidian2 X-24 on D-sub, 21"Trinitron, SCSI CDR/RW, SCSI ZIP, USR Voice Faxmodem Pro(USB Ext) WN98
                  and a (Very Messy Desk);oP

"Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Working...
                  X