Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Half-Life + G400MAX + Res. Greater Than 640x480 = Corruption?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half-Life + G400MAX + Res. Greater Than 640x480 = Corruption?

Is there a way to get Half-Life to work after you switch to the Config/Save/Load screen (which is at 640x480) to the game screen (currently set to 1152x864) without getting major corruption?

Currently using PowerDesk 5.13.020, Half-Life (latest available version), and G400MAX.

I vaguely remembered Kruzin mentioning something that it may not be possible. Oh well, I need a confirmation, I guess. Searched the archives for "half life" but found nothing.

Thanks.

JamesA.

<b>JamesA</b>: Just a <b>Dumbass MURCer</b>

Hey James,

Searched around a bit on your behalf... found a couple of answers...

http://forums.gagames.com/forums/For...ML/000566.html

more discussion on the subject here:
    http://forums.gagames.com/forums/For...ML/001987.html

but I think the thread you're thinking of is here: http://forums.gagames.com/forums/For...ML/000607.html

Hope this helps...

Holly

[This message has been edited by motub (edited 07-15-99).]
    Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
    -Jay Bulworth

Comment

Nope. If you go to the menu, and return to the game (while using OGL mode), more times than not, you'll get some sort of corruption.

I just don't use the menus....if you're playing single player, and need the menus (never really need them for multi-player), try using D3D instead of OGL...may not look quite as good, but you won't get the corruptions after using the menu...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Well, **fine**, Kruzin, if you're just going to show *up* here after all my hard work, thanks ever so...

Holly
        Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
        -Jay Bulworth

Comment

JamesA,

As motub has already pointed out, I will tell you that I solved all of my problems with corruption by switching my desktop from 32bit to 16bit. After that, I can switch into the menu anytime I want without any problems. I had the exact problem for the longest time and never could figure it out and then one day I noticed the problem went away so I started thinking about what I might have changed and wham! I figured it out. Seems so simple, like I should have figured it out before. Hope this helps.

Dave
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

THANK YOU, HELEVITIA!!

Yep, you are right about the color depth thing. Now, can anyone tell me why none of the OGL resolutions in Half Life work for me?

The game kept on telling me that the default (G400MAX) card doesn't support the resolution (I tried a couple of them downto 640x480). I have not tried the 3dfx minigl for the Voodoo2 though..

Any comments?

JamesA

------------------
            System Hardware:
            www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~ang/demerzel.html
            home.columbus.rr.com/fajee/demerzel.html
            <b>JamesA</b>: Just a <b>Dumbass MURCer</b>

Comment

Working...
            X