• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PD5 & Sim City 3000 Problems?

I've recently installed the latest PD5
    and things must have gone right since I got
    the Q3A test to work pretty well. However,
    I just went to play Sim City 3000 tonight for the first time in several months and I had problems with the screen flickering while within the game. Any dialog box that came up flickered pretty badly, I mean like really badly, you can see an outline of box also flickering on the main screen and this happened at all resolutions.

Just wondering if this is happening to other people with the new PD? I know I didn't have this problem when I first got the game.

Thanks,
    Jon

P2-266 128 megs
    Millenium G200 - 16 megs not o/c
    MX300
    V2 (I know, I know, but I needed glide compatability )

[This message has been edited by jmsie (edited 07-09-99).]

I did, but a reinstall of DX6.1 and the game itself solved all problems for me...

Must say it in the right order, reinstalled SC3K first and reinstalled DX6.1 then.
    Do remember to reboot the PC after re-installing DX6.1 !!

Jorden.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 07-10-99).]
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Jorden,

Well I tried what you suggested (in the order you suggested, and yes I rebooted my machine ) and no dice I even tried to completely uninstall PD using the new uninstaller and SC3K still does the same thing at all resolutions. Oh well, I just have try it figure out some more.

Thanks,
      Jon

Comment

i installed Simcity 3000 today for the first time and this exact problem happened to me. i am using PD 5.13 also. have you tried using drivers version 4.33 (ms certified)? i dunno if i want to go thru the trouble of uninstalling pd5 for this game, but for anyone who has done it/ still uses pd4 can you please tell me if simcity3000 works? thanks.

Comment

i installed Simcity 3000 today for the first time and this exact problem happened to me. i am using PD 5.13 also. have you tried using drivers version 4.33 (ms certified)? i dunno if i want to go thru the trouble of uninstalling pd5 for this game, but for anyone who has done it/ still uses pd4 can you please tell me if simcity3000 works? thanks.

Comment

Voyd,

I know for the fact that SimCity 3K
            was running earlier on my system
            with no problems when I had the 4.51
            drivers. Hope that helps, I'm
            just not willing to go back at the
            moment for one game - plus the fact
            I'm in a middle of a moving across
            town

Comment

hey jmsie,

i just found a ridicoulsly easy way to get it working perfectly.

all you do is Right click on My Computer-->properties-->performance-->graphics, and set the slider to None. let the computer restart, and now SC3K works flawlessly!

of course you should set it back to Full when you are done playing but it makes no diffrence in gameplay for SC3K tho.

[This message has been edited by Voyd (edited 07-13-99).]

Comment

All you need to do is alt tab out of the game and come back.

The Kid

Comment

Working...
                X